Veloster Forum banner

Adding Aftermarket Amp/Subs, need a review on wiring plz

12K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  db doctor 
#1 · (Edited)
I just need a review of my wiring and any recommendations before I start my project. So far all I have done is Power and Ground my after market amp.For this project I have opted to use a PAC LP7-2 and plan on tapping into harness C (rear speakers) of the factory amp (Pink, Green, Brown & White wires). Such as this pic I have found from a past thread. Text Font Line Parallel
The PAC unit, I plan on cutting the RCA cables from the input side of the LP7-2 (L-side on pic) and plugging them into the R-hand side of the LP7-2. The L-hand side of the unit will then be connected to factory amp wires (Pink, Green, Brown, and White). The R-hand side of the LP7-2 (with the now cut and reconnected RCA cables) will then be connected to the "speaker level input" on the after market amp. Text Font Technology Parallel
Text Font
So far does this seem like its the correct way to connect an after market amp into a factory amp? I have also read that it would be wise to disconnect the factory subwoofer when installing an aftermarket amp....Does anyone have any insight on this idea?Here is a visual for my project. Line art Text Drawing Diagram Technical drawing

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I suggest that you tap into the front speakers, that will enable constant bass regardless of fader position.

#3 ·
Dave,

I am in a similar install as you, I am tapping the rear speaker outs for a full range feed to my aftermarket amp, via an Audio Control line output convertor. The feed to your factory sub is a different set of wires out of the factory amp, so I am hard pressed to understand why disconnecting the sub feed is important unless you are using your aftermarket amp to power the existing sub. I just finished my front stage install, using Massive Audio 6.5 components in a coaxial arrangement. The tweeter was not clearing the grill, so I had to mod the grill to provide clearance. Have you replaced speakers as yet? Vehicle Car Kia sportage

Reactions: Pandemonium
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.