Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just need a review of my wiring and any recommendations before I start my project. So far all I have done is Power and Ground my after market amp.For this project I have opted to use a PAC LP7-2 and plan on tapping into harness C (rear speakers) of the factory amp (Pink, Green, Brown & White wires). Such as this pic I have found from a past thread. Factory Amp tap into.jpg The PAC unit, I plan on cutting the RCA cables from the input side of the LP7-2 (L-side on pic) and plugging them into the R-hand side of the LP7-2. The L-hand side of the unit will then be connected to factory amp wires (Pink, Green, Brown, and White). The R-hand side of the LP7-2 (with the now cut and reconnected RCA cables) will then be connected to the "speaker level input" on the after market amp. PAC LP7-2.jpg Amp.jpg So far does this seem like its the correct way to connect an after market amp into a factory amp? I have also read that it would be wise to disconnect the factory subwoofer when installing an aftermarket amp....Does anyone have any insight on this idea?Here is a visual for my project. Blue Print.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
I suggest that you tap into the front speakers, that will enable constant bass regardless of fader position.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dave,

I am in a similar install as you, I am tapping the rear speaker outs for a full range feed to my aftermarket amp, via an Audio Control line output convertor. The feed to your factory sub is a different set of wires out of the factory amp, so I am hard pressed to understand why disconnecting the sub feed is important unless you are using your aftermarket amp to power the existing sub. I just finished my front stage install, using Massive Audio 6.5 components in a coaxial arrangement. The tweeter was not clearing the grill, so I had to mod the grill to provide clearance. Have you replaced speakers as yet? Door Panel.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts