Veloster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2012 NAV.
What are some accurate numbers on the drop of lowering springs? I know that the drop varies, but it would be nice to see some pictures/measurements from people who actually have lowering springs instead of trusting the specs. Currently looking at the eibachs.

·
Registered
2013 VT ultimate white, 6spd
88 Posts
Ok turbo or na for the first gen veloster the springs front and back are going to be the same kit. Let me see if I can find the link. We'll it seem I can't find a set eibach of sport springs for the first gen anymore, I know they used to make them because I almost got a set eibach sports for mine but tried the godspeed springs instead. The pro set gives a lot of drop. This oic is sourced for eibach. Hope that helps,
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
1,017 Posts
I thought they only made a pro version for the V? Maybe I’m wrong but to answer your question I’m looking at the pro.
The pro kit spring is a continuous rate spring meaning a stiffer ride and a drop of 2 to 2-3/4".

The H&R springs are variable rate springs giving you a lowered look of 1.5" all around and a comfortable ride for normal driving and when you get the notion for the twisties they'll stiffen up nicely for a good overall spring.

That's your choices for springs and then there's coilovers. But that's another thread. 😉👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok turbo or na for the first gen veloster the springs front and back are going to be the same kit. Let me see if I can find the link. We'll it seem I can't find a set eibach of sport springs for the first gen anymore, I know they used to make them because I almost got a set eibach sports for mine but tried the godspeed springs instead. The pro set gives a lot of drop. This oic is sourced for eibach. Hope that helps, View attachment 134991
Oh wow, that’s the perfect drop. Hopefully I get that much of a drop on mine. Thanks for the info & pic

I'm guessing your going to do rims too?
I have the 18s and they honestly look great. I haven’t seen any rims for my V that could pair any better with the blue paint.

The pro kit spring is a continuous rate spring meaning a stiffer ride and a drop of 2 to 2-3/4".

The H&R springs are variable rate springs giving you a lowered look of 1.5" all around and a comfortable ride for normal driving and when you get the notion for the twisties they'll stiffen up nicely for a good overall spring.

That's your choices for springs and then there's coilovers. But that's another thread. 😉👍
Thanks for the info, the manufacturer specs are never right with the drop height 🙄. In my opinion more drop > ride quality lol, so I guess I’ll be sticking with the eibachs. I looked at coil overs and for the NAV I just don’t see much of a point since I don’t plan on slamming it and ride quality isn’t top priority.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok as far as I been told and seen the eibach pros do give you enough drop that unless you keep stock size tires you might experience slight rubbing at full turn. 🤔 If you decide to get aftermarket rims I would not stray too far from the factory offsets or you will find yourself rolling fenders to get everything to fit. FYI factory will be 16x8 offset 42mm. Good luck 👍. For accurate drop rates the manufacturers are not always accurate Godspeed springs said 1- 1 1/2 in drop but lol 😆 😜 not so much, more like the eibach pros if not just a little more 😉.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok as far as I been told and seen the eibach pros do give you enough drop that unless you keep stock size tires you might experience slight rubbing at full turn. 🤔 If you decide to get aftermarket rims I would not stray too far from the factory offsets or you will find yourself rolling fenders to get everything to fit. FYI factory will be 16x8 offset 42mm. Good luck 👍. For accurate drop rates the manufacturers are not always accurate Godspeed springs said 1- 1 1/2 in drop but lol 😆 😜 not so much, more like the eibach pros if not just a little more 😉.
A little rub never hurt anyone 🤫. Def gonna stick with the eibachs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree a little rub never hurt, but I'm not talking about a little rub, I'm talking about the kind of rub that makes your car produce large smoke clouds. I would not go larger than 225 x 45 or if you what wider 235 x40 with stock rims and that much drop. Do you plan on using the stock shocks? I used the yellow koni shocks. From experience larger than that with a slow rebound rate you might find yourself making smoke clouds from the rear tires typical of a rear wheel drive drag car. Which is funny once or twice bit gets annoying for daily driving. Just giving you something to consider so you don't find yourself doing the tire shuffle looking for combos that work well together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree a little rub never hurt, but I'm not talking about a little rub, I'm talking about the kind of rub that makes your car produce large smoke clouds. I would not go larger than 225 x 45 or if you what wider 235 x40 with stock rims and that much drop. Do you plan on using the stock shocks? I used the yellow koni shocks. From experience larger than that with a slow rebound rate you might find yourself making smoke clouds from the rear tires typical of a rear wheel drive drag car. Which is funny once or twice bit gets annoying for daily driving. Just giving you something to consider so you don't find yourself doing the tire shuffle looking for combos that work well together.
im fairly certain I have the stock tire size but I know for a fact it’s not bigger than stock. But if rubbing became an issue, I would probably roll the fenders before buying new tires. Konis are on the list as well as a rear tortion bar. Really trying to get this thing to feel more planted in corners, stock is just… I think you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts