Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
845 Motorsports 3.5″ Super Shorty Upper Intake vs 845 Motorsports 1.6 Turbo 3″ Intake

I have decided toy go with the 845 Motorsports for my aftermarket intake on my 2016 VT. I am however not sure if I should get the 3.5" or 3". They both have good reviews here and on other websites, but I am not sure which one to get. I am not worried about the price as they are only about 30 dollars difference between them when you say you want everything on them but the powder coat.

This is one of those situations where I don't know enough to make an educated decision. So I am asking for some help:

1. first of all which one should I get and why.
  2. then would like to know other than the powder coat which options to get that will make it so it connects up as easy as possible.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but if I don't how will I ever learn as my dad says. I appreciate any input.

https://www.845motorsports.com/shop/hyundai/845-motorsports-hyundai-veloster-turbo-cold-air-intake/

https://www.845motorsports.com/shop...veloster-turbo-3-5-super-shorty-upper-intake/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Being no body replied I'll take a stab.
I got the 3.5 in without the bov port,with the pvc port and their cone filter.
I am not looking for so much performance as sound that will turn my smile to a big grin.
I hope the noise that will come from this intake will not put a frown.
I just ordered it and am waiting for 845 to ship it my way.
Grins not frowns.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On the 13th I order their super shorty intake from 845 motor sports.
They told me they had 9 in stock.So I expected it to ship right away.
After getting no e-mail with a tracking number I tried getting in touch with someone
So after a week i tried calling only to get a answering machine.
For the next few days call after call only to get a answering machine that no one responded too.
So I e-mailed them which they responded to with one excuse after another, never addressing my questions.They could not even tell me if it ship or was being made they just had no answer at all.
This all left a bad taste in my mouth so I cancelled my order with them and now i find i need to tell the veloster world that my opinion is that this 845 motor sports is a incompetent company with no customer service and have no idea of how to deal with a enthusiast.
I got my money back and now I'll deal with another company that hopefully know how to treat their customers.
I also went to their web site to post a bad review only for it not to be posted.
So it looks like they screen their reviews and only posting the positive ones.
Just saying
Eddie

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently had the same problem getting in touch with 845 and I'm so glad I saw your post. Thanks for sharing. I needed information about a veloster I purchased recently. 845 furnished the parts, I can't say if they did the work but I did not get any response from them. I figured if I gave them the VIN, I could find out exactly what was done. I considered ordering from 845 for my new VT but after reading your review that's not happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts