Veloster Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Grandma range for me. I drive pretty tame most of the time. I use the power if I need to get out of the way or around something.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Grandma range for me. I drive pretty tame most of the time. I use the power of I need to get out of the way or around something.
Yah, that's the reason why I went VT instead of NAV.

Back in 2012 when I test drove an NAV I was like, this car is perfect for me (FWD, can fit my hockey gear, good on gas, sunroof, heated seats, etc.) except I felt I didn't feel like I had enough power to get myself out of situations. So the dealer said "we are coming out with the Turbo next year" and so I was put on a wait list and I was told I when I picked up my VT I was the 5th person in my province to get one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey I had a 2001 SL2 haha was my first car I bought from my grandfather that originally was a grocery getter and only had 26k miles on it when I ended up getting
Mine was a 2000 SL2, nailed 86 in a 55, only after I had hit the brake when i saw the cop hiding behind the tree xD I WAS at about 110. I feel like if I went turbo, I'd be so screwed with tickets I'd have to sell the car anyway. The NAV has enough for me, and it's quite fun to drive.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Mine was a 2000 SL2, nailed 86 in a 55, only after I had hit the brake when i saw the cop hiding behind the tree xD I WAS at about 110. I feel like if I went turbo, I'd be so screwed with tickets I'd have to sell the car anyway. The NAV has enough for me, and it's quite fun to drive.
I feel like the NAV has the same amount of power as one of those too lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
My commute to go anywhere is one big highway so i'm usually whistling dixie in the 2.5-3 range.

But if I'm merging I hit the 4.5 - 5.5 range verrry easily, which I normally don't need to do but 90% of ppl here don't get the merging/yielding concept. The attitude is if there's a car trying to merge onto the highway/road, or pulling out of a parking spot, or in a roundabout, or switching lanes (or any other merging situation really) then they speed up and cut it off. They got the whole "he's not getting in front of me" attitude so everyone is constantly cutting the other person off at high speeds, no signal, laying on their horns. Ironically signaling only makes them speed up and cut you off faster, so if I wanna get my day the **** going then I also have to constantly get in the high RPM range without signaling and cut others off... ugh when in Rome I guess. /rant

·
Registered
261 Posts
My commute to go anywhere is one big highway so i'm usually whistling dixie in the 2.5-3 range.

But if I'm merging I hit the 4.5 - 5.5 range verrry easily, which I normally don't need to do but 90% of ppl here don't get the merging/yielding concept. The attitude is if there's a car trying to merge onto the highway/road, or pulling out of a parking spot, or in a roundabout, or switching lanes (or any other merging situation really) then they speed up and cut it off. They got the whole "he's not getting in front of me" attitude so everyone is constantly cutting the other person off at high speeds, no signal, laying on their horns. Ironically signaling only makes them speed up and cut you off faster, so if I wanna get my day the **** going then I also have to constantly get in the high RPM range without signaling and cut others off... ugh when in Rome I guess. /rant
Sounds like Jordan isn't much different than the good ol' US of A. Was Canada any nicer? We here have the perception that the Canucks are a bunch of sweethearts!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like Jordan isn't much different than the good ol' US of A. Was Canada any nicer? We here have the perception that the Canucks are a bunch of sweethearts!
Depends on where you are in Canada, just like in the US! Some places are easier to drive and have more courteous drivers, others are just hellish driving and seem to forget that they have these magic things called blinkers that let other drivers know where they are going.

·
weekend racer
6,567 Posts
This kind... Lol

DSP winner and fastest FWD. only FWD in the top 18

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1430094512.140302.jpg

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1430094532.175816.jpg

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was mainly in Vancouver which has that a-typical relaxed west coast vibe (and yeah that perception is pretty dead on lol...) but i've driven in nearly every province (and a handful of states) and for the most part yeah it's nicer! More of a civilized, courteous, driving-miss-daisy kind of feel. Night and day difference. It's kind of funny when I think about it because here you could be in a market at the cashier for example and the guy next to you would be just super nice and everything. Walk out to the parking lot, and it's like the exorcist lol....

Depends on where you are in Canada, just like in the US! Some places are easier to drive and have more courteous drivers, others are just hellish driving and seem to forget that they have these magic things called blinkers that let other drivers know where they are going.
Drives me up a wall... no pun intended :p I actually think manufacturers could save quite a bit on their manufacturing cost if they just left out blinkers altogether for certain cities.

This kind... Lol

DSP winner and fastest FWD. only FWD in the top 18

View attachment 84969
Congrats lol... hood looks nice btw! Since you race I'm assuming it's not vinyl wrap but actual CF for weight reduction?

·
weekend racer
6,567 Posts
It's carbon for looks. :)

It's only 20lbs lighter. I lost more than that on a diet last year lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I drive my car like I stole it pretty much all of the time. Even when I'm not in a rush, my wife asks me why like I'm driving like I'm in a rush. The only time I don't drive my baby hard is when I'm down to 2 bars of gas or less.
i ask the same question about why certain people like to walk like they are in a funeral procession.. I am like WTF, get the hell out of the way! The faster I get places the MORE time I have to spend when I get there, that's my motto..

Live fast, live well, it pays to be the first. I find that it works out for me more times than not to be faster, I get through lights quicker, I get to where I am going, the slow people can arrive late, but you are not going to MAKE me late. I want to be where I want to be, it's that simple..

I rev my engine when people are crossing in front of me, I watch them, they wait until the white light lets them cross, they take 5 seconds to start moving, or they are moving REAL slow and almost don't make it across the street in time for light change, so I give them a "warning" noise.. lol. I get the dirtiest of looks..

If people walk across the street, and act like they have ALL day I flash my lights, sometimes I actually MOVE into the lane they are walking in and speed up.. (yes I am *THAT* guy)..

I really *LOATHE* people that are no aware or inconsiderate of those of us with purpose, even if I am NOT in a rush why do people feel the need to move like they have lead in their ass..

I REALLY don't understand, you got legs use them!

I keep my windows down and sunroof open, you want to say something, I 'aint afraid to say something back.. I have gotten out of my car to get in peoples face..

I just REALLY don't appreciate people that think they are ENTITLED to cut in the line (BIGGEST pet peeve)..

They want to cut in, I don't let them, so they get behind me and start honking making rude gestures, and yelling obscenities out the door.. yeah keep running that mouth, we will see what happens.

when I was younger (believe it or not I have calmed WAY the hell down.. I can tell stories..) I used to chase people to their house, place of business.. waited til they get out of the store and let them know I am still there.. yeah you want to start something, we can rumble.. It's amazing how quick their attitude changes when they see I am not intimidated.

Is it any wonder I am not dead yet?!?

I have a very simple attitude in life.

I am in line, *YOU* get your ass in line and the END like everyone else what makes you so special.
If I am driving, get the hell out of MY way you crossed in FRONT of me. When I walk I WAIT for cars, I don't force them to WAIT for me *ME*, that's just BS!

I pay attention to what is going on, I yell at my friends and family when they cross the street, I am like HEY did you NOT see the car coming, show some respect.. you might be a pedestrian but THEY have the right away, don't THINK they can stop..

I feel like if *I* can follow simple rules so CAN YOU! If you can't, my hood, speed and horn will be a CONSTANT reminder..

You don't like the way I drive.. stay the hell *OFF* the sidewalk..

I have many stories I can tell but NEVER been cited for my antics, only speeding.. bicycles.. yeah you have right of way but not 8 across.. you can ride single file, I have waited behind bicycles that were totally inconsiderate, just riding taking up an ENTIRE lane, and I had to go around.. oh ok..

Well let me fix that for you.. so I speed up go around, SLAM on the brakes right in front.. yeah they are going 25 or 30.. not expecting to stop.. Yeah don't you forget I am 2600 LBS, YOU move, not me..

Ok I should stop now, I can feel my blood boiling...

I don't have road rage, I have people that have ATTITUDE and want to be STUPID rage.. you do your part, we have no problem.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts