Veloster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting this up here to see who may be interested in a header for our cars that's a 4-2-1 design so we can still enjoy our midrange power and have a better free flowing exhaust system.

This header will eliminate the first bank catalytic converters that's built onto the exhaust manifold but you'd still have the secondary cat unless you get a mid pipe cat delete.

I am embarking on this project for not only the Accent community but the non turbo Veloster and Kia Rio platforms as well. This header will work for all these platforms and are identical.

Qwiktime Performance and I are spearheading a possibility to have these available and I'll be the guinea pig soaring the expense to hopefully make it happen.
Anybody that knows about headers for our cars the OBX is pretty much all there is and it's a 4-1 collector design made for top end only performance. That's great for the drag strip but not for the street.

Any interest in this possible header leave youre comments here and I'll update as we go along.
A group buy would ensure a better price so the more people getting involved the better but we'll know more as we go.
Thanks for looking. 馃憤馃槑

Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA(brother's now), 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
Darn, wish this had come up earlier

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
autocross header, i call em !

good luck!

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for one more try.
Such a shame that the na guys dont get more stoked about their ride and modifying their cars. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
I guess were a dying breed. 馃槥

Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA(brother's now), 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
Well it's hard when most of them show up, ask how to make 400hp in their first post then leave lol

Registered
I would be tempted, but considering the number of engines blowing in the V's I'm probably going to stay stock

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
This would probably help the whole 鈥渃logged cat stock header鈥 issue that causes the holes in the block. The cat would have to be further downstream to make emissions happy if you have them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would be tempted, but considering the number of engines blowing in the V's I'm probably going to stay stock
I run the snot out of mine. It's driven hard and red lines whenever possible.
It used no oil and with 6500 on the clock since last oil change it has t lost one drop. I've never added oil to the car or any other fluid.
I use pure 100% gas at 93 octane and love my little Sloccent.

These engines are meant to be driven and not lugging down the road like most people do and then wonder why their engines fail.
It's kind of like how you treat your body on a diet of McDeath burgers and coke and wonder why you can't walk up a flight of steps without panting halfway up.
Cars are the same way. Work them hard to train everything so it never works when you're just cruising down the beach. Feed it the proper fluids and it'll reward you with outstanding performance like a trained athlete.

Modding a car is like training your body daily. It becomes efficient at what it does best, work. 馃榿馃槣

Steps off of stool and 馃榿's.
馃槈

So anybody need a good header? 馃槀馃

Registered
OBX makes a 4-2-1 header for our cars now. Look up 4-2-1 for KDM Kia Forte. Have to move the out exhaust flange, and change hanger bracket. Have it on my 13 NAV, no issues installed over a year ago. Also depending on cat or cat-less one or two O2 sensors have to be installed.

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
nice...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OBX makes a 4-2-1 header for our cars now. Look up 4-2-1 for KDM Kia Forte. Have to move the out exhaust flange, and change hanger bracket. Have it on my 13 NAV, no issues installed over a year ago. Also depending on cat or cat-less one or two O2 sensors have to be installed.
I just looked that up and it's a nice header indeed but there are zero bungs for the O2 sensors and the collector is the flex pipe.
It's a nice design for sure but the work to have to put into making it work is a bit much. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煠

Thanks for speaking up about this and nice to see some ingenuity and thinking out the box to make it work. 馃檹馃徑馃
I noticed you used header wrap on the header at one time or another. How did that work and why was it removed? Just curious.

So the next question is how do you like the sound of it and also how much extra power you may have gotten from this. A review is necessary since you brought this to our attention. 馃槀馃槣馃憤

Registered
I've owned my 13 nav for almost 5 years now. And I'm just now looking into headers. So count me as interested. I've seen the OBX pop up in conversations a few times. And I know SharkRacing will build them as well.
I'm curious as to how everyone running headers has their O2 sensors set up/placed, and if there is a CEL issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've owned my 13 nav for almost 5 years now. And I'm just now looking into headers. So count me as interested. I've seen the OBX pop up in conversations a few times. And I know SharkRacing will build them as well.
I'm curious as to how everyone running headers has their O2 sensors set up/placed, and if there is a CEL issue.
The only cel issue would be for the secondary O2 sensor which is easily remedied with an O2 eliminator adaptor with built in mini catalyst.
They run from $25-50 to keep the cel from popping up.
The first O2 sensor still plugs into the collector of the header to maintain proper readings for air fuel.

So that makes it 4 interested. 馃憤

1 - 15 of 15 Posts