Veloster Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2014 NA Veloster 1.6L 4cyl M/T
52 Posts
This makes perfect sense. Since I made that comment I've done a bit more research and called around to a few shops. So far the cheapest I've seen is $120, and thats after I negotiated them down from $170. I'm not sure how long I'll keep the veloster (2.0 is kinda slow but really fun), so I'm worried about a resonator delete affecting the resale value.
Understandable. Yeah I’ve got a 1st gen NA and it’s definitely not fast but it is a whole lot of fun. I’m about to start making a lot more money and I’m on the lookout for a reasonably priced, lightweight, turbocharged car.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,836 Posts
if i have the gas fully depressed, then engage the brake for 2 or more seconds, reported throttle percentage drops to near zero from 97% (it's never 0% or 100%)

also check out my youtube channel i have some old nav stuff on there. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzVKSBMEVX-gxe1nlsk7NCA

· Registered
1 Posts
Okay, I gave it some more thinking and conducted additional research. I really want to do an electric variable res deletion. I'm curious if it would be feasible to accomplish it entirely without causing any damage. simply utilizing exhaust pipe "clips" and removing the resonator's bolts. Could I simply let the removed pipe exhaust beneath the car as normal and let the res deletion process continue?

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,836 Posts
yes, welding in a cutout is the best and safest option.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts