Veloster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently drove a 3.5 hour trip, mostly straight highway miles. Everything was great the entire trip, was going 75-90 most of the trip. This is my 2013 base veloster I am referring to.

When I got into town, I hit traffic and we were basically stop and go. Once that happened, the remaining 20 minutes of the trip I was having to physically force every shift. It became really hard to shift especially 1 to 2.

Once I got home I let the car sit for 2 hours and came out and started/drove the car without any issues and that hasn't happened again for at least a month or 2.

Can anyone help me diagnose what the issue was? I'm paranoid about traveling now.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
4,544 Posts
How is your clutch fluid level?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is your clutch fluid level?
To be honest I don't know how to check it. I went to check the transmission fluid only.to discover there is no dipstick in the engine bay (first manual transmission). Searched the manual but no mention of how to check clutch/transmission.

Had a "tune up" job done @ 60K and now at 65K. like to think the mechanic checked that but I may be giving too much credit.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
60k is manual transmission fluid change. there is no dipstick. i would ask if it was changed... if not it's pretty easy to do yourself, but to fill you need a decent length hose and funnel.

brake fluid reservoir and clutch fluid reservoir are the same . if the level gets too low you'll suck air into both systems.

did the pedal hardness change?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
60k is manual transmission fluid change. there is no dipstick. i would ask if it was changed... if not it's pretty easy to do yourself, but to fill you need a decent length hose and funnel.

brake fluid reservoir and clutch fluid reservoir are the same . if the level gets too low you'll suck air into both systems.

did the pedal hardness change?
Thanks for your reply. If I had to bet I would say he prob didnt do the transmission fluid so that's probably something I need to take care of.

No change to pedal resistance, just a lot of resistance at the shifter going into gear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts