Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 NAV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed an OCC from ADD-W1, and I've put almost 1000 miles on it so far and have been checking it periodically, but it's been completely empty every time I've checked so far, not a single drop of anything. I've looked around and as far as I can tell, all my hose and everything is solid, no leaks or anything. So I suppose my real question is, is it possible that my virtually brand new car just doesn't really have a need for an OCC because it isn't hardly producing any of the crap it's supposed to catch? Or is it more likely that I screwed up something with the installation? Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
906 Posts
You have some kind of problem because every engine will have what the OCC is designed to capture.

So it's either the placement of the OCC or your work on installing it which is suspect.

I think you probably used the wrong hookup to an improper hose.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
133 Posts
All cars pass oil vapor which is why crank case breathers plumb into your intake.

·
Registered
2020 NAV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All cars pass oil vapor which is why crank case breathers plumb into your intake.
I definitely know that all cars produce blow by, my question was more along the lines of, would the fact that the car is new possibly influence how much is produced? Like theoretically would an old car produce more than a new car, or is my OCC empty because perhaps my engine is possibly not producing as much as I expected it would?

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
as it gets older it may produce more. its in the "break in" period so to speak. mine produces way more during the winter months versus summer.

Reactions: absoluteyeti

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
133 Posts
Yeah i would say you probably wont notice much with a newer car. Even my 2012 veloster doesn't blow much by after 114k miles but i like to run fancy liquimoly which has some additives in the oil to limit oil vapor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts