Veloster Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this has never happened to me before and at 53 I have owned plenty of new cars. I got my car 7 months ago new and as I have many friends with large 4 doors I never drive and therefor the passenger front door never gets opened other then for cleaning and the few rides I have given. So today I go to pull on the passenger front door handle and the handle and the small part to the left of it just pulled all the way out and fell to the ground?? The small part which is the part that screws in from what appears to be the inside of the door just failed and broke it's what's I circled in the picture (not my exact car it's just a door picture from the internet).
Hyundai said they will fix it no problem but the new handle wont be in until around 7/29. Thankfully the way that it broke you are able to POP it back into place and it will not fall out unless you pull on the handle normally and if you hold against the small part you can pull on the handle and open the door. Drove it 173 miles and it didn't fall out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts