Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just recently bought a new 2019 Veloster Turbo R-Spec and after about a week of owning the car I started to hear a rattling from underneath the car towards the front/center of the car.
The sound can be best described as a loose bolt, basically as if metal is rattling against another metal surface. I was thinking maybe there is a loose bolt somewhere along the exhaust system.
The sound can usually only be heard on deceleration at low speeds around 10-20 mph and is especially loud after cold start. The sound does not just occur when driving. It can be heard as well when I rev the engine while in neutral.
I've had the car for less than a month so I took it back to the dealer and had them keep it over night to do a cold start and they are claiming that there is no abnormal sounds coming from the car.
They are thinking the sound I am hearing is the sound of the "turbo starting up???"

The technicians were telling me that the gdi engines make clicking noise and also that the turbo waste-gate makes noises too. I'm aware of what those things sound like and the sound I am hearing isn't that.
I'm wondering if this is really normal. I do not recall hearing these sounds during the first week of owning. The sound got progressively worse.

If anyone else has this same issue or, even better, have found a solution, please let me know. The sound is driving me nuts.

I posted a video of the sound on youtube. You can hear the sound much clearer towards the second half of the video.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same exact noise and it is def not normal.. it wasn’t there before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same exact noise and it is def not normal.. it wasn’t there before.
I haven’t yet.. been just living with it. It definitely does sound like something is loose. Getting exhaust work done soon so, I’ll update this post if I find anything useful

·
Registered
335 Posts
Could it be a lose heat shield around the exhaust? I had a couple of those let go over the years, sounds similar to what you posted. You might be able to find the culprit by tapping the exhaust with a rubber mallet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts