Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked everywhere I cant find a cold air intake that will fit my 2019 veloster turbo. Does anyone know of a site that does I'm in ottawa Canada

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that website however for several months now they've been out of stock. I did google exactly what you did but when you go directly to the site (example K&N ) it shows the only thing available for my car is the original square air box filter. Only company I was able to find was Sixth Element but as a mention they've been out of stock for many months and you know when you have a new car you want Parts ASAP

·
Registered
30 Posts
Either stick with the stock airbox and just drop in a performance filter from afe or k&n or get the enclosed one from afe called Takeda. Anything else will lower your performance due to heat soak

·
Registered
9 Posts
Won’t a cold air intake void the warranty? If you break down on the road it might be difficult to switch back to OEM before it goes back (or towed) to the dealership for warranty work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Won’t a cold air intake void the warranty? If you break down on the road it might be difficult to switch back to OEM before it goes back (or towed) to the dealership for warranty work.
That's the age-old question that has two answers. Yes, if the part can be proven to have caused the failure in the first place; No, if it did not (but of course the dealer will try everything to prove it the cause). In the case of a cold air intake, they do run a slightly higher risk of causing damage vs. a short ram intake. This is due to the fact they are positioned closer to the ground increasing the likelihood of inhaling water and other muck. The only time a cold air intake would really cause catastrophic damage however is if it actually gets submerged in water. There is an argument for the fact that performance intakes are typically a courser mesh meaning that they might let in a little more particulates than the stock filters. That's also one way they can suck in more air. So, maybe after tens of thousands of miles there may be a little more gunk in the engine; but that is what regular oil changes and oil catch cans are for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts