Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m attempting to replace the standard incandescent signal bulbs with some LED signal bulbs. I’ve found a great replacement but have the typical hyper-flashing.

The signal bulb socket is designed as an insert-module without any wire leads so it makes it difficult-to-near-impossible to put any sort of load resistors in line to fix the hyper flashing.

I’m wondering if anyone has had any success with:
- finding compatible CAN bus LED bulbs?
- normal LED bulbs changing the ECU code?
- finding the wires in the wire bundle to attach the load resistors to?

·
Registered
84 Posts
someone correct me if Iam wrong, but I believe a CANBUS bulb will not fix the issue - there is a difference between a canbus system detecting low voltage (bulb out signal), and the light bulb not pulling enough voltage to allow the flasher relay to flash appropriately (the "old" way of getting a bulb out indicator) ... for the Veloster, I do believe that there is no replacement for (electrical) displacement (or in this case, load resistance).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently installed load resistors on my 2019 veloster turbo front turn signals. It's the green wire(power) and the black wire(ground). Hope that helps if you haven't already figured it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently installed load resistors on my 2019 veloster turbo front turn signals. It's the green wire(power) and the black wire(ground). Hope that helps if you haven't already figured it out.
Hey Chalky,
Which trim is your Veloster’19? When I tried to replace the signal lights, I didn’t see any wires but just sockets that come out when turned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
416kjs
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing