Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys,
Got my veloster brand spanking new, off the lot, 9 miles, sunset orange. And I'm in love with it... But I want it to run a lot faster. With that being said, is there anyone out there who can give me a list, links, pages, etc to any modifications that will fit my car's 1.6L i4 turbo engine?

Been trying to look, but seems like most are for the N model and the previous years. I've already got a boomba BOV on it and I'm looking for a direct fitment: cold air intake, an aggressive body kit, coil overs, window vents, upgraded brakes and rotors (slotted), bigger intercooler, headers, exhaust manifold and the best sounding exhaust system you can find for it.

Will be getting a bigger turbo kit and cutting more weight off in the future with bulkier tires.

Very much appreciated if anyone can point me in the right direction to what I'm looking for :)

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
welcome to the club!

Reactions: AlexBVel1.6

·
Registered
349 Posts
I did that. Bought an R-spec, then spent so much on mods that I could have bought an N, only to make it 80% as good as the N.

Good luck in your journey!

·
Registered
349 Posts
So what you're saying is... I should just get an N?
If you want to mod it that much... yeah.

Trust me, I know.

But I found a dealer who wanted my R-spec WITH all of the mods on it. I have no idea how he's going to sell a 5000 mi car that is two years old with a tuned ECU and tell the new buyer that the warranty is good? Also, it is sitting in the snow with 17" wheels with Falken RT615K+ track tires on it. Oh well, his problem.

But now I've got a garage full of stock parts, exhaust, air intake, ecu, complete suspension, sway bar, etc...

I do miss my sunset orange color though...

Oh by the way, if you want to get a tune on a spare ECU, I know where one is...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts