Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have an idea about this one?
The car is at the dealership right now.
What it does is after it’s been driven say 14 miles home from work or basically any time I’ll park in the garage. About 2 hours later it starts to make a humming sound that lasts 2 or 3 seconds. It is intermittent. To me it sounds like a fuel pump kicking on for 2 or 3 seconds. I hear it 2 to 4 times per evening. The longer the car sits the less it happens. When I go to drive off in the morning there seems to be throttle hesitation just for the first Acceleration. Like too much fuel. Of course the dealership can’t find anything wrong. If anyone has an idea what this may be please contact me ASAP.
Oh yea, the stealership is now charging me for more testing even tho it’s still under warranty.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have an idea about this one?
The car is at the dealership right now.
What it does is after it’s been driven say 14 miles home from work or basically any time I’ll park in the garage. About 2 hours later it starts to make a humming sound that lasts 2 or 3 seconds. It is intermittent. To me it sounds like a fuel pump kicking on for 2 or 3 seconds. I hear it 2 to 4 times per evening. The longer the car sits the less it happens. When I go to drive off in the morning there seems to be throttle hesitation just for the first Acceleration. Like too much fuel. Of course the dealership can’t find anything wrong. If anyone has an idea what this may be please contact me ASAP.
Oh yea, the stealership is now charging me for more testing even tho it’s still under warranty.
Thanks all.
UPDATE
A lot of people have looked but no response about this post. I got my car back and a explanation from the dealership. I was told that some Hyundai’s we’re equipped with a evaporation test pump in the fuel tank. It is normal for it to kick on intermittently. Has something to do with emissions and pressure. Not every 2019 Veloster was equipped. They thought that none of the cars from there dealership were equipped. I was the first that at least that brought it up. I have attached a photo of their explanation and blacked out names and addresses. Please Let me know if any one has heard of this or are they just trying to get rid of me. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE
The dealership did not charge me a dime because they finally heard the sound and got ahold of their district service manager who was the only one in town that Had knowledge about the evaporation test pump and it was not in my head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been so confused about this the past nine months!! I'd frequently be in the garage and hear it hum. I never had a clue. Thanks for taking your time to get an answer for us all

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here would be my concern: If it is the actual fuel pump, is it the high pressure or the in-tank pump (sound from front or rear)? Check the oil dipstick ... if fuel IS reaching the cylinder, it is going to sit on the piston and eventually leak around the rings and into the crankcase. THAT would thin the oil out even if a little at a time and ruin the viscosity and hence, your engine. It happened to me on an older 2013 because of ECU adaptives being off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealership told me that it is a separate evaporation test pump in the fuel tank that intermittent tests the air in the fuel tank. I guess it sends fumes or whatever wherever they need to go. I doubt it sends fumes into the Atmosphere. If anyone knows more technical terms please post it or link it. Still can’t find any information about this online. Or replacement parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts