Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I own a 2021 R-Spec and it came with the shift knob you can see in THIS pic. I was looking to buy a WeAreLikewise shifter along with The Veloster Adapter. I've been told by a couple people that the R-Spec threading is different from the other turbo trims, but they weren't sure what the measurements were. I'm also not fully certain anymore whether the adapter works on the R-Spec due to the threading issue.

I also want to make sure the shifter looks flush and that there isn't the usual gap that you see with this shifter and aftermarket knobs.

Does anyone here have any experience with Likewise products and this car?

Thank you!

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
Not sure about 2G but that adapter is probably for the 1G. Have you considered emailing them ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about 2G but that adapter is probably for the 1G. Have you considered emailing them ?
I ended up emailing them and it turns out the R-Spec has the same threading/mechanism as the 2014+'s, while the other gen 2 turbos have a different reverese lockout. Basically, I got lucky because this trim is the only one that will work with their adapter haha

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
Or we will see anyways lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts