Veloster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know any good upgrades on a v base a veloster base its a 2017 i just put a k&n engine filter just want to know whats good to upgrade the car with. Cuz it seems like tha car laggs sometimes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey does anyone know any good upgrades on a v base a veloster base its a 2017 i just put a k&n engine filter just want to know whats good to upgrade the car with. Cuz it seems like tha car laggs sometimes
upgrade the catalytic converter as well with k&n and maybe add a drift exhaust. i have both. itll lag slightly but your getting up and going will improve with the speed handling too.

·
Registered
2014 NA Veloster 1.6L 4cyl M/T
19 Posts
So far I’ve done an Injen SRI, magnaflow straight through muffler, exhaust resonator delete, Roar Pedal throttle controller (no more lag 😂), and Megan Racing strut tower brace, as well as some cosmetic stuff. This week I’m going to be installing a 60 mm throttle body (from an Elantra) and a KDM tuners TB spacer, as well as doing a throttle body coolant bypass. Further down the road I want to put on some Megan Racing lowering springs.

If you’ve already done an intake, and all you want to do now is get rid of throttle lag, the roar pedal will 100% do that and it was about $160. However I would say the most rewarding mods I’ve done to my V so far have been the muffler and the exhaust resonator delete. They make the car “feel” way faster and only cost $100 give or take. Another great mod was the short ram intake. It was a little more expensive at about $275 but sounds awesome, and makes the car feel faster (between induction noise and throttle response). It was also easy enough to install that I did it in a few hours, but hard enough for a fun, rewarding challenge.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

1 - 3 of 3 Posts