Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya ll! I am in over my head here..I'm a woman whose dad & ex husband usually took care of my car issues now the ex is...well an EX and my dad is gone.
I bought this car a little over a year ago and had absolutely not a single problem with it until 100 miles after my extended warranty expired. Out of the blue I'm driving back from a business trip on a very busy Interstate and the cars power just kind of slipped away...then it shut down..I got it over to the shoulder and it started again but engine light is flashing..( misfire..I know) so I have it towed to a friend's house about 80 miles away where he showed me how to change my ignition coils and plugs ( both were the correct part and gap) I DID notice when the 4th coil was pulled it had the oddest gunmetal gray "sludge" really thick stuff all over the end of it..which I can't imagine being good..anyway the car STILL is messing up. I bought a obd11 scanner and the codes are P0300, P0301, P0303, and P0420..the car starts easily enough but starts at about 2500 rpm which quickly drops to under 500 at which time I have to rev it to keep it going..then the car hesitates by about a good 5 count before engaging..then is fine until you decelerate again at which time the cel starts flashing and car dies. Also car is using an incredible amount of oil and there is a plastic, square kind of tube up at the driver side front of motor that occasionally comes apart..when that happens the transmission will not operate at all..I Know this is gonna hurt..but can anyone tell me what to do here? Or what the hell is going on?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,285 Posts
what plugs and coils did you put in? we need specifics.

also photos of whatever you are talking about for the square tube.

Reactions: Valkyrie88

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys..it's really BAD..No compression at all in the #1 piston..plus a rod (I'm assuming#1) has blown through the side of the motor...and at 7000 for a new one..I guess I'm going to have to take a hit to the credit and let it go back😢😢😢

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well guys..it's really BAD..No compression at all in the #1 piston..plus a rod (I'm assuming#1) has blown through the side of the motor...and at 7000 for a new one..I guess I'm going to have to take a hit to the credit and let it go back😢😢😢
Hello! The same thing happened to me. Blew a rod through the engine. Long story short, drop the car! Take the lose before it grows. I was able to put a used engine with 55k miles for 3200 and it worked great. But then months later a loud knock appeared and had to teach my self through YouTube how to do an engine rebuild. Let me tell you from experience, it's not worth it especially how much I've invested in this car. The car is working again now but I really don't trust the car. If you have an questions feel free to ask, I'm pretty sure I can tell you more about this crappy engine better than an actual mechanic can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts