Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I added a K&N CAI (Typhoon) and the 2016 VT (~50k miles on it) ran noticeably louder and maybe with a little more power for the first night. The next day, the new intake sound disappeared and the car doesn’t have any noticeable boost. I thought the BPV has seized and swapped it for the GFB DVX (BPV/BOV). At first, I had the DVX closed (recirculating) and now have it open (blowoff). Neither way fixed the issue… still no power but starting to notice some white exhaust every now and then. The white exhaust may have been there from the start of this issue but hadn’t noticed it. I replaced the turbocharger boost solenoid (up front by intercooler) and am waiting for the Electronic Boost Control Solenoid (back corner of engine on passenger side) from Tork Motorsports (order part a week ago, still hasn’t shipped?). This whole time, there hasn’t been a check engine light?! I think I can hear the turbo spooling and fluttering while driving but am not hearing any blowoff. I’m guessing it’s a leak in the system but this is my first turbocharged car so I don’t know. I’m thinking it might be the turbocharger intercooler pipe (28261-2B700)? Kinda bummed since it seems this doesn’t happen to most people when they swap in aftermarket intakes. Anybody know what my issue is? Also I have an appointment at the dealership service center scheduled soon for this issue since I’ve hit a wall.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,756 Posts
Did you check all the connections on the intake, also all your intercooler piping is tight?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check all the connections on the intake, also all your intercooler piping is tight?
I have reseated all hoses connecting to the intake, on both ends, and believe the intercooler piping that I touched during CAI installation (outlet and connector hoses) is tight. I haven’t checked the Hose & Tube Assembly underneath the engine.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
983 Posts
I have reseated all hoses connecting to the intake, on both ends, and believe the intercooler piping that I touched during CAI installation (outlet and connector hoses) is tight. I haven’t checked the Hose & Tube Assembly underneath the engine.
Check those and if they're stock they are notorious for popping off and causing leaks describing your issues.
Just throwing parts at the car won't help and gets expensive unless you were already going to upgrade them.
Check all vacuum lines also.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts