Veloster Forum banner

2016 VT good or bad?

Tags
2016 bad good
4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  RichT 
#1 ·
Hey wassup guys, I have a 2013 VT and she's getting kinda old on me. I was thinking of trading her in for a 2016 VT but I keep hearing that the trans is terrible. Is this true?

Doe anyone own a 2016 VT that could tell me how they are? Maintenance, performance, ride quality wise, and all that other good stuff.

Thanks guys.

#3 ·
Welcome my friend! The 19 is nice, but if you want no or low payments go with '16!! Got one last May. Added a K&N coi, a Borla axle back exhaust. And lastly I got a RaceChip. Despite what people say about them I did alot of research on them.. It's a bit expensive, but the money I spent comes in many thousands less than the N. All the best. Here's a couple pics:

Attachments

#4 ·
Depends on the 2016 you're looking at: miles, warranty, cost. Compare to if you bought new where cost would be much more, but warranty might be much greater and no miles. If you can get a decent warranty on a pre-owned, it can be well worth it.

#5 ·
I like my 16 VT but I don't love it. I hate the DCT logic. it hesitates, it slips around, it occasionally goes into a "safe-mode" when the car isn't fully warmed up.

I could get the MT, but living in the bay area with huge hills and stop&go, my left leg would be get too much of a workout.

#6 ·
Thanks for info man! And nice that's pretty much what I want to do also. I was interested in getting the Borla axle back exhaust but the mileage was too high on my VT so i opted out. But i plan on doing that to my new VT, how is it? How does it sound? Did you feel anything different on the car?

#10 · (Edited)
GMS, Have you pulled the trigger? Chiming in a little late., I have a 2016 MT Turbo, Pacific Blue w/black interior, and love it. Started out in 2012 with NA Veloster then traded up to a 2016 Turbo. I have added a K & N Typhoon CAI & Borla Cat Back for a few more ponies at the wheels. Have yet to dyno test with these additions. K&N does add some "suction" sounds to engine compartment and the Borla gives the car the sound it deserves. The performance is solid and car is a blast to drive. Ride quality is, well, stiff. It is a sport car after all. Mileage, 25mpg around town and 40mpg was a best to date in longer distance travels @70mph. It would be better if ya hold to 65 but then I'm an annoyance on the road in the slow lane then and that doesn't fit my nature.

#12 ·
It’s good. Got my 16 VT DCT in Dec. 2019 with 30K Certified PreOwned with 70K powertrain left and B/B warranty until 50K or until 3/22. Got it for $16K. The new models would have been $23Kish. Love my VT. The DCT is a 7 speed so the short 1st can make the low to mid speed seem quirky in stop and go. My to and from work flows pretty nice so not an issue for me. I’ve driven MT’s throughout the years and are just not practical for my needs. MT’s are fun don’t get me wrong but can be annoying to me as a daily driver. I like the ride. Stiff like a sporty car should be but not too stiff. Enough power for my needs and not planning on modding for performance. I’m a stock kinda guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.