Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 Veloster Turbo Information LEAK - With Photos!

The Updated Veloster Range goes on sale in South Korea on January 16th.

- 1.6L Turbo 204BHP for USA and Australia (150KW)
- 186BHP for Europe (136KW)
- 7 Speed DCT now replaces the 6 Speed Auto in the Turbo Model
- New Alloy Wheels
- New Speedo
- New Seats
- Beats Audio Sound System
- Engine Sound Adjustment Feature
- Allows Drivers to adjust engine sound level

I know this car will be on sales around Q2 in Australia (RHD Country), I would imagine the USA will be around the same time, if not sooner. I would also imagine that Kia will be fitting this new 7 Speed DCT transmission to the Pro_Cee'd GT and their Cerato/Forte Turbo Koup very soon. It will finally give Kia the option of an automatic transmission in the Pro_Cee'd GT, which has had limited sales success in countries outside of Europe - Like Australia - due to being limited with a manual transmission only.More news should be released soon
Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.25.57 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.25.46 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.26.14 PM.png . Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.26.31 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.26.43 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.27.38 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.28.44 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.28.32 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.28.58 PM.png Screenshot 2015-01-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png

Unfortunately no news on what updated the Naturally Aspirated version of the Veloster will see at this stage, expect more news over the coming weeks and months.

Thanks to the Korean Car Blog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have a feeling that the silver and black alloys shown in the images are for the Naturally Aspirated Model and this picture is also of the naturally aspirated model:It looks like the colour coded wheels are going to be dropped.It also looks like the Veloster Turbo model wont have much changes with alloys as it appears the changes to the exterior are limited in the images.

Naturally Aspirated Model?

Turbo Model (Alloys dont appear to have been changed in some pictures, but are then changed in other pictures?)

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am glad I got my VT before they put partnered with Beats Audio. I would rather a company spend it's money 90% on it's products and 10% on it's "name" than 10% on it's products and 90% on it's name. Buying something made by Beats is like announcing to the world "Hey everybody!! I would rather own a crappy performing product and look good doing it than owning a product that actually performs well." I am against Beats so much that it actually might have stopped me from buying a V.

·
Registered
77 Posts
In all fairness the dimension system is pretty terrible. Also, beats speakers have been in the Korean veloster since the model launched in 2011.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
For Apple users, this is a very good sign that Apple CarPlay will be added to the 2016 models. Beats audio was purchased by Apple last fall for $3 billion. Every bit of the company.

Myself, I am excited for the possibility of CarPlay, at such an introductory stage, may be utilized on V's!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
In all fairness the dimension system is pretty terrible. Also, beats speakers have been in the Korean veloster since the model launched in 2011.
And then I read this... You shot down my balloon :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
And then I read this... You shot down my balloon :(
Lol I'm hoping for CarPlay too. On the Korean hyundai site there is no mention of CarPlay unfortunately, but the US version could be quite a bit different from the Korean version, so who knows.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hopefully. The US just tightened sanctions with Korea so Apple may have a hard time doing any deals like that

·
weekend racer
6,567 Posts
all the brochures linked show the turbo model only.

beats is OK in laptops. it is marginally better than regular laptop speakers. sanctions were tightened against NORTH korea, not so much against south korea.

also, the dimension system is the best audio i've ever had in a car. terrible to most coming from more expensive brands but superb to me coming from ecoboxes.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
beats is OK in laptops. it is marginally better than regular laptop speakers. sanctions were tightened against NORTH korea, not so much against south korea.
You are correct, though I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some of those sanctions will trickle down due to proximity. At least for import and export

·
Registered
77 Posts
The dimension system sounds great when it's new. But its a major pain in the ass making multiple trips to the dealer for blown speakers. I agree that it sounds better than most stock systems, but they are very poorly put together.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
all the brochures linked show the turbo model only.

also, the dimension system is the best audio i've ever had in a car. terrible to most coming from more expensive brands but superb to me coming from ecoboxes.
I agree with the Dimension system being pretty good. I like it. It has some really good sound for being a stock premium system. My wife has a 2015 Sonata with the Infinity system and I think the Dimension has a better sound for me. The infinity system is awesome, but mine is louder. :)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I've always been a conservative in-car music listener. I don't like to keep my radio above the level that it would block the noise from a car horn or siren.

For me, the dimension systems is above and beyond what I would need.

·
weekend racer
6,567 Posts
You are correct, though I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some of those sanctions will trickle down due to proximity. At least for import and export

hehe

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hahaha I loved that movie

·
Registered
30 Posts
I 100% agree, it would have stopped me buying a VT as well, I'm very happy I got a 2013 model early last year.

Its so bad in the image I have see with a rather massive beats logo in the door speaker grill.

And I'm also pleased I have the older model for the auto box, I'm not pleased they have used a DCT unit, we have another car with a six speed DCT unit and it's dire most of the time with the "adaptive" learning rubbish.

I dont even like the new console layout. And moving the traction control button to the middle is strange.

But I do want to know does it now have three heated seat levels and what is that fan on the seat button?

I am glad I got my VT before they put partnered with Beats Audio. I would rather a company spend it's money 90% on it's products and 10% on it's "name" than 10% on it's products and 90% on it's name. Buying something made by Beats is like announcing to the world "Hey everybody!! I would rather own a crappy performing product and look good doing it than owning a product that actually performs well." I am against Beats so much that it actually might have stopped me from buying a V.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
The Updated Veloster Range goes on sale in South Korea on January 16th.

- 1.6L Turbo 204BHP for USA and Australia (150KW)
- 186BHP for Europe (136KW)
- 7 Speed DCT now replaces the 6 Speed Auto in the Turbo Model
- New Alloy Wheels
- New Speedo
- New Seats
- Beats Audio Sound System
- Engine Sound Adjustment Feature
- Allows Drivers to adjust engine sound level

*Feature for sissies ;P

1 - 20 of 55 Posts