Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 50 miles i bought the nightmare veloster brand new. At around 5,000 miles it stopped taking gas due to a faulty vent valve. At approximately 14,000 miles had to have engine replaced due to spark plugs disintigrating and lost compression. At about 23,000 miles spark plugs did same thing. The fix this time by hyundai was new plugs, injectors and rail. Hmm maybe i will get a couple thousand out of it before its back in the shop. Acceleration is sketchy sometimes it rockets other times feels like it skipped a gear or down shifted past a gear. Needless to say im not buying a hyundai again. Nice warranty but car is in their shop way too much and they dont ever have a loaner for me. They did provide a free rental during engine replacement after i already didnt have my car for over a week and repairs were dragged on by hyundai not having an engine to put in it so i lost my car for over a month, but they did give me a free rental to drive this time. We wont even get into the radio module intermittently not working and posting a module error code or the blown speakers from normal use that will be my next warranty repair when i have time to be without a car for a while. Who knew when i bought their car id be really just testing their warranty program.

·
Registered
20 Posts
At 50 miles i bought the nightmare veloster brand new. At around 5,000 miles it stopped taking gas due to a faulty vent valve. At approximately 14,000 miles had to have engine replaced due to spark plugs disintigrating and lost compression. At about 23,000 miles spark plugs did same thing. The fix this time by hyundai was new plugs, injectors and rail. Hmm maybe i will get a couple thousand out of it before its back in the shop. Acceleration is sketchy sometimes it rockets other times feels like it skipped a gear or down shifted past a gear. Needless to say im not buying a hyundai again. Nice warranty but car is in their shop way too much and they dont ever have a loaner for me. They did provide a free rental during engine replacement after i already didnt have my car for over a week and repairs were dragged on by hyundai not having an engine to put in it so i lost my car for over a month, but they did give me a free rental to drive this time. We wont even get into the radio module intermittently not working and posting a module error code or the blown speakers from normal use that will be my next warranty repair when i have time to be without a car for a while. Who knew when i bought their car id be really just testing their warranty program.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes I just bought a 2012 Veloster at cxxxxxmax and the second time I drove it I lost all automatic transaxle functions even in the drive sporty mode the gears would not shift, neither forward gears or reverse. Not even the paddle shifters would work, After about 1/2 hour and playing with the stop/start button it finally went into gear. The dealer had it towed to their service dept . and supplied me with a loner as per their 90 day fix anything and everything coverage , even on a used car So kudos to the dealership ( I also purchased a 48 month 100.000 mile warrenty ) Has anyone else had this problem ? As I was driving when the tranny konked out on me. I hope this is not a big problem with these cars as I have been driving Hyundia since 1997, 1- elantra and 3- tiburons, 1 of which I still have ( 2008 gs) and I have allways had pretty good experiences with m Hyundai cars.
kneel7628

1 - 3 of 3 Posts