Veloster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Hyundai Veloster with Dimension audio and Nav. At about 100k miles my radio finally bit the dust (seemed to be stuck in a boot loop when turning on) so I went ahead and bought an aftermarket Head Unit I decided on the Alpine ilx‑w650 since I never use the NAV on my radio.
They didnt have one available on Crutchfield so I just ordered the wiring harnesses and adapters it suggest when I picked that head unit and actually bought the head unit off Amazon.
These are the accessories I purchased
Metra 40-KI11 Antenna Adapter
Metra 95-7350B Dash Kit
Axxess AX-HYKIA2-SWC Wiring Interface
Metra AX-HYKIA-SPDIF Interface

Spent the morning wiring the harnesses to the radio and installed everything.
Everything worked perfect except, I have zero sound. I'm almost positive it has to be something I'm overlooking with the Metra SPDIF. I wired the harness according to the instructions it came with and have gone over each wire to double check. Then plugged the spdif interface into the connector and turned everything on
Still no sound
Any help will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2016 Hyundai Veloster with Dimension audio and Nav. At about 100k miles my radio finally bit the dust (seemed to be stuck in a boot loop when turning on) so I went ahead and bought an aftermarket Head Unit I decided on the Alpine ilx‑w650 since I never use the NAV on my radio.
They didnt have one available on Crutchfield so I just ordered the wiring harnesses and adapters it suggest when I picked that head unit and actually bought the head unit off Amazon.
These are the accessories I purchased
Metra 40-KI11 Antenna Adapter
Metra 95-7350B Dash Kit
Axxess AX-HYKIA2-SWC Wiring Interface
Metra AX-HYKIA-SPDIF Interface

Spent the morning wiring the harnesses to the radio and installed everything.
Everything worked perfect except, I have zero sound. I'm almost positive it has to be something I'm overlooking with the Metra SPDIF. I wired the harness according to the instructions it came with and have gone over each wire to double check. Then plugged the spdif interface into the connector and turned everything on
Still no sound
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Hey so I had the same exact issue with mine a month ago. It was super frustrating im sure everything is wired properly as it was with my install and still had zero sound. I had to switch over to the pac harness and wiring interface and that worked out. I contacted crutchfield and they upgraded me to that interface for free. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey so I had the same exact issue with mine a month ago. It was super frustrating im sure everything is wired properly as it was with my install and still had zero sound. I had to switch over to the pac harness and wiring interface and that worked out. I contacted crutchfield and they upgraded me to that interface for free. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply!!
So I had posted this on Reddit as well and someone there gave me an awesome fix for it

"So there is going to be two wires on the hk2 on the far left should be pink and blue you need to move those over one slot to the right and you will have sound."

This ended up doing the trick if anyone else has this issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts