Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 2016 Hyundai Veloster Tutrbo. His battery died recently. So we decieded to replace it with a Duralast from Autozone. The Duralast is an H6-DL however, it's too big, namely too wide for the stock battery tray. The battery can't sit down all the way in between points on the tray of the passenger or drivers side. It has to be above one of them. And it's too big for the stock clamp. The passenger side has the positive cable housing that's on the battery tray and the driver side has that rib.

Is there anyway to make it fit? It seems all of the aftermarket batteries are this size. Are there any batteries that are the stock size? The nearest Hyundai dealer is over an hour away. I want to get this car running ASAP.

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
I went to the dealer as it was cheaper than aftermarket. can you go back to autozone and swap it for the one below? it's the same price and a hair smaller. just make sure the terminals are correct. anything with 600 or more cca is going to work fine in a colder climate.

ACDelco Advantage Battery 47S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the dealer as it was cheaper than aftermarket. can you go back to autozone and swap it for the one below? it's the same price and a hair smaller. just make sure the terminals are correct. anything with 600 or more cca is going to work fine in a colder climate.

ACDelco Advantage Battery 47S
I'll ask if they can order one. My local Autozone it says not available for pickup in store which is not usual with this location. I own an old Camaro and sometimes they have to order everything. Including air filters.

I would go to the dealer but it's over an hour away. I thought this was going to be a 15 minute job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dad has a 2016 Hyundai Veloster Tutrbo. His battery died recently. So we decieded to replace it with a Duralast from Autozone. The Duralast is an H6-DL however, it's too big, namely too wide for the stock battery tray. The battery can't sit down all the way in between points on the tray of the passenger or drivers side. It has to be above one of them. And it's too big for the stock clamp. The passenger side has the positive cable housing that's on the battery tray and the driver side has that rib.

Is there anyway to make it fit? It seems all of the aftermarket batteries are this size. Are there any batteries that are the stock size? The nearest Hyundai dealer is over an hour away. I want to get this car running ASAP.
I have 2015 Veloster non turbo M/T bought a battery from Autozone its a Duralast and it fit just fine.

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
I have 2015 Veloster non turbo M/T bought a battery from Autozone its a Duralast and it fit just fine.
what duralast battery and group size though?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts