Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have seen quite a bit of issues with limp mode in these cars.

The sorry goes -
About a month ago I started having misfires on startup for about 5 seconds and the car smoothed out and ran perfectly fine. About 6 days ago the car started having issues starting up on a cold start, then 3 days ago on cold start I put it in gear and the car died on me. Immediately after the car goes into limp mode and won't go above 3k rpm. So I call a mechanic they get it out there to the shop and ran some electrical diags to some sensors and the fuel sensor under the intake mani had no wave forms. So it was dead. They replaced it, gave me my car back, 5 minutes down the road goes back into limp mode. I take the car back, and they mess around with it, clear codes and run another electrical scan on it, all comes clear and the owner of the shop has me come and drive the car with him. The car runs great. I leave to go get my fiance to come back and grab the other car, we grab the car, leave again and not even 50 feet from the shop it goes back into limp mode.

Note this is the 2nd time the car has gone into limp after a 30 second to 2 minute idle.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't have them do anything for thr miss codes no, the fuel sensor pretty much fixed the issue we thought, then it went back into limp mode.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I would reset all the codes, then scan once it happens again.
We did, even recorded the bpi, limp mode kicks down to 92 reset while going back up to 201 and the car runs great. Then it kicks on randomly

·
weekend racer
7,211 Posts
how many miles?

stock plugs gapped to .028?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how many miles?

stock plugs gapped to .028?
110000, I don't think it's a spark issue, if it was he would have found it. We did a GDI cleaning which fixed all miss codes, now he's stuck on the P0191 code which is fuel rail sensor, which we replaced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would test it and eliminate that problem, like I said, monitor fuel pressure.
We did, all codes Re gone and it runs perfectly. Then out of no where it hits a P0191 and nothing we do such as taking it over a bump to get something to short or driving it hard makes anything fluctuate. Literally at any random time it'll throw that code which is in direct corilation to the fuel rail sensor, which was replaced. So now it's either a bad harness, or the low pressure fuel pump just hits a snag randomly.

·
Registered
16 VT
461 Posts
This is an OEM sensor from dealer? Make sure to have the battery checked. Other than that, wiring problem, possible or maybe ECM. here is a diagram. Terminal 1 and 2 should have 5 volts. 3 is the ground, check as well. KOEO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is an OEM sensor from dealer? Make sure to have the battery checked. Other than, that I see wiring problem, possible or maybe ECM. here is a diagram.

View attachment 132540
I don't know where the sensor was purchased, I have always had it in thr back of my mind it might be a loose ground or power/signal. Idk if he's checked it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts