Veloster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

this is my new 2015 ride 6 speed manual. what mods can i do to this before it voids the warranty & can i take it else where for the service & not void the log books. right now its stock as a rock and i was thinking about a boost gauge also i would like to wind up the turbo a little. might look into a intercooler and intake pipes

20150522_173538.jpg

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the community! Those headlights don't look stock to me with the clear reflector? I thought in the US it was illegal to not have the yellow reflector.

Do a search for void warranty and there are a lot of threads on what may or may not void it. The only way it technically should void your warranty is if they can prove that the modification you made caused a failure to occur.

To get an idea on things you can do, check out the DIY section, Veloster of the Month section, and build thread section (you can start one when you start modifying yours as well)

·
weekend racer
7,231 Posts
They are oem kdm lamps.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well it is right hand drive so............

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
He posted in the Aussie thread so yea, not in the states

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Maybe he's from the north. They do everything backwards up there.

Funny. We say that about you guys and your swamp boats and your banjo music.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is what i got from the warranty guys

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Customer Care and providing us an opportunity to respond.
Aftermarket items can only void warranty if it is found to be the source of a problem that has been caused by its installation or operation. You can fit aftermarket components to your vehicle without it affecting your warranty, however if that aftermarket part directly causes a component in your vehicle to fail then that failed component will not be repaired or replaced under the warranty guidelines

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
^^And they will do everything they possibly can to prove your mod cause the problem. Even if it is completely ludicrous unfortunately.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Depends on the dealer R. My dealer is very helpful and they love my mods.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
You are blessed by your Koala Gods George, central fl is not nice.

·
Registered
928 Posts
You are right. Florida sucks the hairy meatball. Wouldn't let me join Blacklisted KDM. BOOO! You guys suck, I'm goin' home

:p

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Don't worry george, I wasn't cool enough until I won rotm, now that pizza hog, carpooling, king turbo delete wants me to join when they "expand out of florida" lol.

Luv ya king turbo delete.

Even though you lost a drag race to a prius.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts