Veloster Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks alot works fine with me on softmode 2.1 veloster 2012 non turbo
Anyone solved the resolution thing ? It keep showing some lines when any video start to play and its not clear seems its a player/codec issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mrmoston, i have veloster non turbo EU model and y tried to upload this file to my veloster and i received one messaged on the screen (installation of software failed file(5) do you thng this Veloster VIM .ZIP does not work in veloters from Europe???
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed your instructions and I was able to get the screen to say the download completed, so I removed the USB stick, and waited the 5 mins. The problem is that once I turned the car on I'm no longer able to get into test mode at all. Holding the setup button does nothing aside from bringing up the setup menu so I'm completely locked out of test mode.Any thoughts?
Same here - holding setup does absolutely nothing now, so I have no way to enter setup ever again.

I reset and all it did was reset the time (all of the stations even remain the same) - holding the setup key for around a min there is no difference.

Can someone help revert the system?

2014 Turbo - No NAV

MODEL: LAC1730ENFS
SOFTWARE VER: 5.1.56(NA)

everything else works fine - just no test mode and this is a problem as the Chromecast and HDMI2AV units are currently shipping ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
A quick thought. I have a 2016 NAV no tech, but comes standard with 7in screen, backup and blutooth. Will doing this procedure mess anything up? (super green, just bought the car) Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
@mrmoston, I followed your steps exactly from beginning of this thread (except I could only wait two minutes LOL) and it worked great. Now I can play movies on portable dvd while driving. Happy family, easier road trips. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to this site, in hopes of being able to view video's. So I am so thankful for this advise, but my issue is: I have an IPhone 6 and it will not let you view videos (even sitting still), do I need to look into a new phone?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
thanks a lot!! i recently buy my veloster full 2016, and this trick its working yet. thanks a lot

sorry, im a bit confused on this response? THIS DOES work on a 2016 headunit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea I am ready to upload the files to my 2016 NAV but want to confirm as well if it's ok and will not mess anything up

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I did everything and got the parking regulation prompt to show

I do not have the cables to check for sure so it will be about 2 weeks until I can confirm

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time poster here. Just wanted to chime in and let anyone interested, that I have a late 2015 turbo with nav/tech package and followed the instructions exactly as posted and had absolutely no issues.

I first made a copy to a USB drive of the system folder just to be safe, not like I know what to do with it, anyway if I needed to. To get into the CE I had to use the four corner tap and then 73148320. Once you power down and do the 90019001 Regulation Parking stuff you then can get back into CE using 95829582 if need be.

I was concerned that the backup lines might be lost but was happy that was simply not the case and it works perfect. I tested video with a direct connection to the HU using a Mobious ActionCam without any issues.

I intend to cast my Nexus 6 to the screen but don't have the equipment yet. Also a little concerned about that as well as some have stated that certain devices no longer work. We will see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First time poster here. Just wanted to chime in and let anyone interested, that I have a late 2015 turbo with nav/tech package and followed the instructions exactly as posted and had absolutely no issues.

I first made a copy to a USB drive of the system folder just to be safe, not like I know what to do with it, anyway if I needed to. To get into the CE I had to use the four corner tap and then 73148320. Once you power down and do the 90019001 Regulation Parking stuff you then can get back into CE using 95829582 if need be.

I was concerned that the backup lines might be lost but was happy that was simply not the case and it works perfect. I tested video with a direct connection to the HU using a Mobious ActionCam without any issues.

I intend to cast my Nexus 6 to the screen but don't have the equipment yet. Also a little concerned about that as well as some have stated that certain devices no longer work. We will see.
Thanks for posting this. I have a 2015 Turbo and had some concerns doing this. My Veloster is at the dealer resolving some problems with the hands-free connection and audio. Once I get it back I intend to do this. Already formatted a USB drive with the files. I will add to this post when I have completed this.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Back up camera guide lines disappeared. This is what i did, i went inside windows CE and tried to intall from there. I ran the remove camlines batch file i believe and now i've lost the back up guide lines. How do i restore teh stock windows CE or undo the batch file. I tried resetting and stuffs but nothing worked. Any help would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hyundai Veloster 2014 (BASE) - AV/Audio Software Update

Do you (or anyone) have any information on how to upgrade the software for the radio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not able to download this file anymore, I get this error: [h=1]Forbidden[/h]You don't have permission to access /forum/vbseo.php on this server.

Could anybody send me this file please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a U.S 2015 Nav car everything in here worked perfectly. I can finally use google maps and put movies on while driving on long trips for my friends. I used the Cables that came with the car and ordered a RCA to HDMI adapter and HDMI Iphone Lightning adapter. At first it wasn't working but it turned out I had to connect a Iphone charging cable from the cars USB to the Lightning adapter to get things running. Hopefully my screen doesn't get messed up in the long run like some comments and in here have been saying

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked great for me. I tried a chromecast but didn't like it. I used the converter box with a hdmi to usb c cable that I just ran out into the pocket in front of the shifter. I used the same process with a different access code to access windows ce. I was able to move some files around in order to remove my backup camera lines. Aftermarket camera caused double lines.
Thanks again.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts