Veloster Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
****ing genius. Worked exactly like you said it would. Thank you. A few adapters and cables and my iPhone 6+ and I can watch whatever I want. This was the final piece. Do not download and unzip on a Mac there is an extra file for some reason. Also new Macs don't format in FAT32. I can tell anyone what pieces they need for lightning connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi zarroc6669...so what adapters and cables are you using to playback from the iPhone? I have a droid but interested in this setup! :)

thanks!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the iPhone 6+ and just barely unlocked the video while driving on my Veloster. What cables do I need to hook up to the AUX Port?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I tried like other people putting avi formatted movies on a usb and they wouldn't even show up in the screen.

Now I want to know what cables I need going from my iPhone 6+ to the aux cable provided by Hyundai to play videos from my phone via the AUX Port. I just wanted to re explain it because I felt my last post wasn't clear enough.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just bought this:
HDMI-AV

You also need the apple HDMI lightening connector, I'll post my success when it comes...

I plan on using it with this jailbreak tweak to add CarPlay:
Ignition brings the CarPlay feature to your iPad [Jailbreak Tweak]

Also works on iPhone 6+
Did you order it directly from adcmobile.com? If so how much did it cost you to order it? Did it require a converter box? I have been looking at cables like this on Amazon and they all require to buy a converter box. Thanks for the info by the way Alex.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Direct from ADC $60 with shipping, they say all you need is the lightening to HDMI adapter which I have already, they have a video on the page I listed demonstrating, it is the only place I have seen a cable without the need for some converter box in-between. The cable should come tomorrow I will post my findings.

In other news I tried the OP's trick and it didn't work... Anyone have a 2015 that has made this work? Is there any other work around I am missing?

Thanks for the amazing forum!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Direct from ADC $60 with shipping, they say all you need is the lightening to HDMI adapter which I have already, they have a video on the page I listed demonstrating, it is the only place I have seen a cable without the need for some converter box in-between. The cable should come tomorrow I will post my findings.

In other news I tried the OP's trick and it didn't work... Anyone have a 2015 that has made this work? Is there any other work around I am missing?

Thanks for the amazing forum!
I have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster with the latest software and it worked for me following every step. I don't see why the 2015 model should be any different. From what I understand from the forums is that the US models won't play videos from the USB Port and will only work from the AUX Port. But if I'm wrong please correct me people. Thanks Alex for replying to my question and soon I will also order the cable and post my results as soon as I get paid again. I'm glad I already own the Lightning to HDMI adaptor too.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Yes, US models can only play through the aux port

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks guys, yes I am in Boston (USA), so no USB video for me...

I'll try again with a different flash drive I was using a 16gb Sandisk Cruzer. When I tried the first time some text kept flashing every minute or so it said "USB..." something, but it was so fast I couldn't make it out...

I also bought this:

Amazon.com: Lightning Extension Cable (6 foot Black) for iPhone 6, 6 Plus; Pass Video, Data, Audio Through Male to Female 8-pin Cable. dockXtender for Lightning by CableJive.: Computers & Accessories

A 6ft lightening cable extension that says it will also pass through video. That way I can hide the bulky cables and HDMI lightening adapter in the center console recess and only have one cable attached to the bottom of my iPhone which I have in a suction cup holder to the right of the steering wheel... I'll post a picture when I get everything in.

The cable was supposed to be here today but the mail has come and gone so maybe tomorrow...

UPDATE: Must have been the flash drive I re-tried with an older 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Glide and worked like a charm! Regulation parking was displayed.

Thanks mrmoston!!!!!!

Now I just need to the cable to test it all out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I got the cable and I am a little dissapointed, the Ignition CarPlay jailbreak Tweak appears in the wrong rotation and is all cut off for some reason.

Also the picture is very fuzzy, but what did I expect its an RCA conversion of a digital signal.

On an unexpected development, the sound quality is markably better than bluetooth!

It all tucks away nicely under the dash and I guess its nice to have the option to use the screen.

Heres hoping we get an Apple CarPlay update this year (though I am not holding my breath!). Sorry thr pictures are a little dark... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
So would the touch function work on the car's touch screen? Or would you still have to navigate it through your phone?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the 2013 Veloster Turbo and the hack in the head-unit worked perfectly for me. I just used one of my old portable DVD players and gave me a clear picture. My only complaint is I can't charge it while watching because it will cause a interference in the picture and the screen brightness isn't as bright.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1428193554.875791.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone that has done this experienced problems later down the road with picture quality? Before I had a clear picture but now I have wavy lines in the picture. I know it's not the player because I hooked up 3 different Portable DVD Players, and actual DVD Player, and a few Game Systems and they all did the same to the picture. I have a appointment with the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
First time I've check back in on this thread for a while. Glad I could help most of you. I to have experienced picture quality degradation. I still haven't found a way to make the image overscan and fill up the whole screen. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
First time I've check back in on this thread for a while. Glad I could help most of you. I to have experienced picture quality degradation. I still haven't found a way to make the image overscan and fill up the whole screen. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I had a clear picture for about a week then all the sudden I'm getting wavy lines in my picture. At first I thought it was the portable DVD player but after buying 3 different portable DVD players, an actual DVD player and hooking up two different Xbox 360's. I'm still getting the wavy lines. A few things that have come to my mind is that maybe it's a software issues or I'm getting some kind of interference from something in my car. You can see my post above a few slots with a clear picture.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts