Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I've rigged up my iPhone with an Apple AV adapter through mini hdmi to av adapter to the Hyundai cable. Not the quality of my AppRadio in the RSX but is actually brighter and easier to view in the sunlight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi.
i tried that, and what i got is the info screen with a long "ok" botton on the bottom of the screen.

what am i doing wrong?

* 2014 vt - israel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally!

Worked great for me, thanks!

I purchased a MS Zune 30 GB off craigslist for $50 and ordered the a/v pack off amazon for $12. Plays all my movies and tv shows just fine and with the above hack/mod it plays them just fine while on the move. Kids will definitely enjoy the road trips even more now and I won't have to deal with them fighting over the iPad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.
i tried that, and what i got is the info screen with a long "ok" botton on the bottom of the screen.

what am i doing wrong?

* 2014 vt - israel
I believe on yours when you get to the ok screen you will have touch each of the corners of the screens, starting from top right and going counter-clockwise. I may be confused on which screen you are looking at so take my advice with a grain of salt :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Important Question to your trick

Hi all,

i drive an Hyundai Santa Fe 2014 european model. Normally we have the same navigation Systems.
i looked at the navigation.com homepage (***://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-HyundaiEMEA-Site/de_DE/-/EUR/ViewApplication-DisplayCachedWelcomePage) and both (veloster and Santa Fe) have the same firmware. (So they should be similar?)
Does your trick to enter the "90019001" code also work for my type of car? Do you know that?!
In addition you will see my type of navigation model.
I can enter dealer mode by pressing 5 sec. the setup button, after that pressing 10 sec. in the middle of the touch screen - after that a window open with (test mode dealer) - when i press ok, i can enter a code (the 123456 code works, i think its the same in veloster).

Do you think it will work?

Thanks for your answer

Foto.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody here knows how to enter to test mode in MTX1200FSBR multimedia ? Seems after software update, pressing the config button for 5 seconds only show us the config info for the device, not allowing you to enter any code !

All help will be very appreciable !

·
Registered
139 Posts
This may be a silly question, but does doing this void warranty? I only ask because just about messing with anything software, I heard can void it. Not that anything could possibly go wrong with my car even messing up, but I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a new 2015 VT and the code for park 90019001 does not work on the new model. I am a bit concerned about changing back to the previous version. It looks like there was more success for the older models. If anyone else with a 2015 has success let me know. I would love to have video while driving.

·
Registered
732 Posts
OP - i have now come to the conclusion that we need a "hug" emoticon in this forum lol

Followed every step the OP posted and it worked to a T, no complications, no pressing the screen on all 4 corners, took like 7 minutes and it was done. I was successful in playing .avi video files off of a USB stick, just plugged it in and it played the first file automatically. I haven't tried other file types (.mpeg, .mp4, .mkv, etc.) yet, but i can try them out and post an update if anybody was curious.

Nothing special done to the USB stick, it was already programmed to FAT32. Worked on a 2015 NAV, thx OP you made it easy!

Now back to House and his super soaker...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mates,

This didn’t work on my 2013 VT. Here are my concerns;

1. When I downloaded what inside the zip there are 10 files not 9. Placed it on the root of a FAT 32 USB
  2. Upon plugging it in the USB, NO pop up appeared saying installation complete
  3. After waiting for 5 mins, started the car and enabled test mode and entering 90019001. What appeared was “please check a password”
Still doesn’t work. Been trying to find a solution to this for ages. Hope you guys can further help and enlighten me.

Thanks and regards,

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
if using a USB does the files need to be a certain format? the ones im trying to use are .avi
If you are in the US, then it cannot be done- only through the auxiliary port and cable. Otherwise I believe an .avi should work

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh really? yeah I went through all the steps and everything did what it said like installed and said regulation parking just videos wouldn't load. do you know of a way it could work for US?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
oh really? yeah I went through all the steps and everything did what it said like installed and said regulation parking just videos wouldn't load. do you know of a way it could work for US?
Nothing as of now :(

·
Registered
732 Posts
Try an .avi file, that's the format that works flawlessly in mine. Mid-East spec 2015 Veloster Nav/Tech

Every other format I've tried doesn't even show up on screen - .mp4, .mkv, .mpeg, etc.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts