Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I made an account just to post this.

been over all of these posts trying to find out how to get video while driving in any Veloster post 2012 (2013 2014). The answer was in one of the posts but not explained very well and some of you responded to it saying it didnt work. I just tried it in my 2014 Veloster (non turbo) and it works.

I've attached a ZIP file with what's required. Here's what to do.

1. grab a USB stick and format it to FAT32 (make sure it's FAT32 and not just FAT)
2. Make sure there are no folders or any other items on this stick (when you open it in "my Computer" it should be 100% empty)
3. unzip the attached file. and copy everything to the usb (should be 9 files) you do not need to put these in a folder. copy them directly to the root of the usb.
4. Start you Veloster and wait until the "Veloster" logo goes away and your music starts playing/song info displays on the screen.
5. Plug in the usb (AFTER STEP 4)
6. a pop up will display on the screen saying "installation complete, unplug the usb and wait 5 minutes before restarting".
7. unplug usb and turn the car off
8. wait 5 minutes (Important)
9. start your car.
10. Hold the "Setup" button for 5 seconds"
11. it should now say test mode enabled and allow you to click OK
12. Enter the good old code 90019001 and it will say "Regulation Parking"
13. Enjoy
14. if "ok" is not displayed after holding the setup button, tap the top left corner of the screen, bottom left, top right, and bottom right (Not all at once) and enter the 90019001
15. if Regulation Parking isn't displayed, the installer from set 6 did not work, re try.

I hope this helps. Like i said, i don't take credit for this. It was posted a while ago but not explained in depth and a lot of people disregarded it. Feel free to message me and ill help out how ever i can.
P.S - If you have trouble downloading the .zip file, message me and ill email it to you directly

Thanks Guys

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I gotta try this

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
If it works ul be a life saver, I have a 2 year old and she need constant cartoons, il try it out this wknd. Thnx op.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Would this work on a 14 VT? I have the 14 VT and wanna confirm if it will work before i mess anything up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I can't say for sure on the turbo unfortunately. However all this is doing is re activating test mode in 2.1 and enabling the 90019001 code. Try at your own risk but I wouldn't be afraid. Let us know your results

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx for the info. Also heard something about the video needs to be a certain resolution in order to play "full screen" any idea what resolution that is?
Id like to know this too. Just put apple TV in the car and it doensnt take up the whole screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Worked... Kinda

I followed your instructions and I was able to get the screen to say the download completed, so I removed the USB stick, and waited the 5 mins. The problem is that once I turned the car on I'm no longer able to get into test mode at all. Holding the setup button does nothing aside from bringing up the setup menu so I'm completely locked out of test mode.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks mrmoston this worked great for me on my 2013 DCT with Navigation. I do no have any issues getting back into Test Mode either, like deadnotsleeping is having. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I followed your instructions and I was able to get the screen to say the download completed, so I removed the USB stick, and waited the 5 mins. The problem is that once I turned the car on I'm no longer able to get into test mode at all. Holding the setup button does nothing aside from bringing up the setup menu so I'm completely locked out of test mode.Any thoughts?
The only thing i would suggest trying is a hard reset with the button next to the cd drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you elaborate on the Apple TV? New owner and also an Apple user. I'm coming from a car with a Pioneer AppRadio which allows me to hook up with the hdmi connector to do mirroring of streaming video (sling box mainly). Appreciate any input.

Thank to the OP for the tip as well.. will use this when I figure out the rest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your guide left out the next important steps....what to do to then (after following all the steps you listed) to get videos to play via usb. Just throw some avi's in a usb?
can they be accessed via the media button or is there some other method that must be done?
is there sound because the old out dated guide worked for me but there was no sound?
will it work going from movies back to XM or do I have to redo every step to go from general radio/XM back to playing movies down the road? The old guide worked (but no sound) but couldn't go back and forth easily without redoing the steps constantly.

UPDATE: It does not play video from USB. I assume because this mod does not add a video player to the software as the older mods did. So yes to playing from AV jack and no to playing from USB stick.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts