Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Trying to explain this in the best way possible, I’m trying to get some audio but I decided to post anyway see if anyone had some advice. I noticed a few weeks ago that about one in five take offs from a stop the car rattles really bad, almost like it’s not getting enough gas while letting off the clutch. Kind of sounds like an exhaust rattle but I know the exhaust is tight. It’s recently been doing it while driving too, like something is clanking. I’m thinking trans or motor mounts, but haven’t had the time to dig into it yet. It’s a 2014 turbo with about 93k miles. I’m sad cause I just got my misfire issues sorted and now this lol. Any suggestions? Sorry for the long winded/vague post.

Thanks

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
check the exhaust shields under the car, they may be hitting the exhaust when you're getting underway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check the exhaust shields under the car, they may be hitting the exhaust when you're getting underway.
Sweet I’ll give it a look tomorrow! Hopefully it’s something simple. I also have a Luxon strutbar I’ve read that could possible be loose and causing issues. I’ll report back!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did some inspecting today, I think motor mounts but I’m not sure. In neutral the engine doesn’t move a whole lot, but when rolling and going into gear the rattling is caused by the motor smacking against the front of the car. Like I said, assuming motor mounts but if anyone has any other ideas let me know. Gonna order some and have them put in. I’ll keep this thread updated!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
what are you going to order? lower inserts would be the least amount of added harshness.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
sure could be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts