Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change to DCT ATF fluid. 60K miles. I don't have an air box in the way, (ingen SRI installed). Can anyone show me with an exact picture where the fill bolt/hole is? I have tried looking at elantras, etc with the 6speed DCT, but nothing looks exactly like the DCT in my veloster. Videos show the manual tranny.
I know there is a 8mm hex bolt on the side of the tranny, but the hole in there is way to small to fit a hose in it to drop 2 qts of fluid. I think that hole is to check the fluid level, so that when you have added enough fluid it will drip. There must be a fill bolt somewhere on the side/top but i can't find it and they want $200 to change the fluid.

Would be extremely appreciative if someone can take a pic of the fill bolt, and the surrounding area so that i can localize where exactly it is.
also the type of fluid and capacity would be great.

Another quick question. I put a ruien oil catch can (amazon) in, and some Walmart steel wool in for baffling. In the winter, will the water vapor condense into liquid and freeze? then what happens to the vapor if i forget to drain the can out? will it blow out a seal? should i remove the catch can in the winter? Thanks for any/all assistance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Okay...

1: The DCT does not use ATF, it uses a special blend of 75w85 gear oil
2: gg trying to find the correct gear oil.
3: 80,000 miles is the severe service interval for the DCT, you have time.
4: The DCT does not have a hydraulic anything, so the oil, like any standard manual transmission, will last a very long time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I

Another quick question. I put a ruien oil catch can (amazon) in, and some Walmart steel wool in for baffling. In the winter, will the water vapor condense into liquid and freeze? then what happens to the vapor if i forget to drain the can out? will it blow out a seal? should i remove the catch can in the winter? Thanks for any/all assistance.
You won't have to worry about the catch can if you check it regularly.
Also there won't be enough emissions going into the catch can to fill it up unless you have a serious issue with blow by so don't worry too much about that.
If your catch can does fill all it's going to do is blow the overfill back into the intake manifold and smoke out your neighbors. 😂
About every oil change check your catch can and clean it out thoroughly until the next oil change. Keep note of how much residue there is at each oil change and change your pcv valve about every 25k miles to keep the pcv system operating at its most efficient.
Good luck. 👍

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone on this forum changed the DCT gear fluid and can point me to the fill bolt/hole? That is my greatest interest right now. Thanks for all assistance.

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. The first post includes posts from me. Others have said the fill plug is NOT the hex bolt. If you read the end of the post you will see that someone indicated that is the wrong fill plug. Besides the hole is way to small to put a hose into it to fill
The second post is useless. I’ve seen it before and the graphic is simply not clear to make a determination of the fill plug.

I need someone who has done this procedure and knows exactly where the fill plug is with pictures.
I appreciate the posts but I have good reason to believe that they are inaccurate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
212,××× miles on my 14 nav dct.. haven't replaced the gear oil in my dct.. I gave up trying to get answers about the DCT fill and drain bolts.. took my nav to a few garages and they wanted a couple hundred dollars to change my fluid...

·
Registered
132 Posts
212,××× miles on my 14 nav dct.. haven't replaced the gear oil in my dct.. I gave up trying to get answers about the DCT fill and drain bolts.. took my nav to a few garages and they wanted a couple hundred dollars to change my fluid...
212,000 miles? On the DCT?

Clutches still good that far in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts