Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the forum, looking for some assistance, as I would like to avoid the dealer service at the point in time. I have the car up on jack stands and have removed the rear rotor and and caliper. I can not for the life of me figure out how to remove the rear wheel bearing hub. I have removed the four bolts from the front of the hub and sprayed liberal amounts of PB Blaster on the hub but, it won't budge. Any recommendations? I've tried the search area but to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,491 Posts
check this out.... once you removed four bolts in front of the brake shield then it should come right out. it's one whole piece - the hub/bearing/spindle/tone ring, etc. bigger hammer. you're replacing it anyways right?

Reactions: misnblu

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,491 Posts
this is a great refresher for me since I will most likely be replacing both the hubs and dust shield in the spring :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added a torch and a little bit of fire and still no movement. I even put everything back together and didn't tighten the hub bolts and drove it down the block and back and nothing.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,491 Posts
I used a 4lb sledge to destroy my brake rotors after they were rust and heat welded to my hub after track days. Maybe a bigger one?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you can turn the flange even a little. it oughta pull right out.
I'd try with a heavy punch and hammer to attempt to turn it.
It looks like the pilot inset is a 1/4" or less, so it ought to yield to a good whack or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts