Veloster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 NA Veloster 1.6L 4cyl M/T
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got the naturally aspirated 2014 6 speed manual with the reverse lockout and I would love to change the shifter knob and boot. I’ve seen plenty of videos for the auto version and for later year sticks but I haven’t seen anybody do mine. Does anybody know if this is even possible? I definitely don’t want to take out the whole shifter assembly.

Thanks
Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Administrator
4,637 Posts
There is a really nice write up about this on our forums and a PDF with a step by step guide.

·
Registered
2014 NA Veloster 1.6L 4cyl M/T
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a really nice write up about this on our forums and a PDF with a step by step guide.

Thanks so much! I’ve been looking everywhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve got the naturally aspirated 2014 6 speed manual with the reverse lockout and I would love to change the shifter knob and boot. I’ve seen plenty of videos for the auto version and for later year sticks but I haven’t seen anybody do mine. Does anybody know if this is even possible? I definitely don’t want to take out the whole shifter assembly.

Thanks View attachment 135321
I bought the turbo version and was able to install the knob and boot with no issues. I wasn't able to screw it down as far as I wanted but it worked great. There are youtube videos on it. I recently added a weighted stainless steel knob and used the turbo reverse lock out with it. The ball just screws down but you have to make sure the knob has the opening for the reverse lock out to slide up into it. I hated the stock knob!

·
Registered
2013 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo MT
21 Posts
I bought the turbo version and was able to install the knob and boot with no issues. I wasn't able to screw it down as far as I wanted but it worked great. There are youtube videos on it. I recently added a weighted stainless steel knob and used the turbo reverse lock out with it. The ball just screws down but you have to make sure the knob has the opening for the reverse lock out to slide up into it. I hated the stock knob!
My Turbo actually came with the same knob in OP's photo and I also replaced it with the other, more spherical knob. I think the spherical knob may have been introduced in later models or maybe just different editions. Either way, the install was seamless, took minutes. Didn't have to replace the whole assembly in the photo below, just unscrewed the old one and this one screwed right back on the exact same way. SO much better, but still maintains that clean stock look.
Toy Gadget Electronic device Plastic Telephone

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
1,056 Posts
The nav and turbo gear shift setups are cometely different and won't interchange.
Anything turbo won't work.
Like @nvyseal mentioned read the article and see if that works for you.

There are ways to custom fab a nice knob for the nav but you've got to put in the work and time but it can be done.

Below is how I took my nav shifter and did the modifications to have exactly what I wanted for my gear box. 😍🤗

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts