Veloster Forum banner

2014 hyndai veloster aftermarket sub and amp issue

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  marcusjj904 
#1 ·
So I had a shop put in a sundown 12 1500 watt rms with a dc audio 3.5k in my veloster. Has anyone had an issue with having bass set to hit hard and it throwing your traction control light on, and car jerk until you lower bass? I have a power bastards 14 volt alternator with 0 gage wire straight back to 2 deep cell batteries wired in parallel with the battery in front still being charged by factory wire. I cannot even turn my amp up to even close to a quarter of the way before the issues start.

#2 ·
do you have any volt meters on anything? is there a large power drop?

#3 ·
I have metered it at front battery and two back batteries it does not drop below 13v. Im wondering if the wheel sensor is unable to handle the vibration. I doubt hyndai will be able to check it and it not be a fortune. I have noticed if I turn tc off it doesn't jerk as often sometimes at all. But I know if I turn amp up near the 1500 watt range it throws engine light on and car jerks as well.

#4 ·
Too much bass messes with kia/hyundai's current traction control system. We verified this with a 2012 kia soul, a 2012 veloster NAV and a 2014 Turbo here in Minnesota. This ultimately happens with too hard of a ride from bottomed out coilovers and aluminum engine mounts too.

electrical sensors don't like NVH.

#5 ·
Do you have a capacitor to take some of the load off? I do, i have hidden behind the driver side passenger wall in an empty cavity by the speaker. I putt padding in to wrest it on. It is tied in before it gets to the amp. I have a 2nd smaller battery that is tied into the main battery with a fuse. This amp is if i remember, a 1600w and it powers the front two and sub in trunk. Back speakers run off the factory. I added the 2nd smaller battery and capacitor to help stop the headlights from dimming on the bass hits.

If there is too much draw on the system the cars electronics will get twitchy. Same if the battery is going bad. Things like the dash will go out or lights will act funky on the speedometer. Its a way the car is telling you its battery aint up to snuff. My X girlfriends Acadia did the same thing and she freaked. Replaced battery and all good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.