Veloster Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Morning - I will post direct pics here later today. I live in York, PA and work in Baltimore, MD - 95% highway driving. Plus I leave before 5am in the mornings - so its cool enough not to need AC, and the roads are less busy, so I cruise all the way to work. I just filled up this morning and drove to work - MPG on trip in = 34.3 at 70ish mph.

I am selling to get a bigger car (and an auto) - for the expanding family, and dual drivership (my wife hates driving stick - so she wants us to get an automatic).


thanks!


steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice drive into work this morning. 34.0 MPG.

Note: I am offering an incentive to any referral that leads to a purchase of the car.

need to get the "family sedan" now.


steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
It depends on how he's calculating MPGs, using the Veloster's internal computer or actually using Gallon filled/miles driven. The internal computer is off by a few MPGs which is why there is that class action suit against them,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
even if the computer is off by 7%, that is 31.62 mpg (34.0 * 0.93). with my 90%+ of similar driving to this morning, and a city of 22mpg (the stated city mpg minus a few mpg for potential overstatement by Hyundai) the other 10% of the time (or less), that is still at/around 30 MPG. (31.62 * 0.9 + 22 * 0.1) = ~30 mpg. (30.65 to be precise).

I was stating "over 30 MPG" as I trust the computer is relatively accurate (less than 5% off) given that it is a 2014 and I was assured (" ") by Hyundai that the computer is accurate in the 2014s as compared to previous models.

regardless - 29 mpg or 31 mpg average - it is an awesome car and any future owner will have many worry free years and miles ahead of them if they so chose to purchase.


Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Im getting that or better in the city. About 700 km's to a tank, roughly 6.9L/100km and that all with cool to hot conditions, proper downshifting and shifts. Also if your not running synthetic and using cleaners for the fuel it may affect mileage over time


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Good Morning - I will post direct pics here later today. I live in York, PA and work in Baltimore, MD - 95% highway driving. Plus I leave before 5am in the mornings - so its cool enough not to need AC, and the roads are less busy, so I cruise all the way to work. I just filled up this morning and drove to work - MPG on trip in = 34.3 at 70ish mph.

I am selling to get a bigger car (and an auto) - for the expanding family, and dual drivership (my wife hates driving stick - so she wants us to get an automatic).

steve
Jeez, didn't mean to turn this into a MPG discussion. In any case, my original reply was right on the money. You were driving all highway, and with the cruise control on the whole way. I'm not trying to discount your ability to get insane MPGs, just pointing out the fact that these numbers don't happen real world city... or mixed driving. I'm a conservative driver for the most part and my numbers are right on the money. About 24 MPG city, and 28 MPG with mixed driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am offering a referral to any member who refers a buyer to me that purchases the VT.

so if anyone knows of anyone looking - send 'em my way - thanks!


steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
Offerup is how CL used to be. People who own things selling them and people who want things looking for them lol. Much less "WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGE BRAND NEW @ JJ FLYING TIRE MONKEYS!"
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top