Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings. my brother has a 2013 veloster turbo and for some reason it wont go above 3k rpm. he's had the turbo replaced thinking that may have been the case. it was not. anyone else have this problem? TIA

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would say your Veloster is in limp mode. There are many reasons this could be happening so I'd suggest to invest a few bucks in an OBDII reader and get the codes that the engine is throwing. There's more to it that just this, but this would be the way to start. 20 bucks will get you the reader.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 2013 VT has a MAJOR recall for the ECM at the moment. Take it to a dealership and see if it has had that taken care of. I'm guessing it hasn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just started to have this problem a few days ago with my ‘13 Turbo Remix. Brought it to Hyundai and they kept it overnight and said they couldn’t find any problems with it and the technician drove it about 10-15 miles and couldn’t replicate the problem. Also did computer codes and nothing came up. Really irked me as I drove off and about two miles later started stalling again under 3000 like you. Would have thought they would have knew about this recall you mentioned.

Edit: Put my VIN in the site and said there’s no recall on my car so I need to figure this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts