Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Hyundai veloster turbo with a 6 speed manual. Not too long ago my motor went out and I decided to replace the motor. I have another VT motor already and I was just wondering how difficult it would be to replace the motor myself and what sort of time frame it may take.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
64 Posts
Generally speaking of all the engine swaps i've done. Timing is dependent on what tools you have on hand. I removed a 97 subaru engine in less than an hour, a 68 vw beetle engine in about 30 minutes and an audi rs6 engine in 5 hours.

Quick glance at my 2012 na, it likely would be easiest with the hood off through the top assuming the exhaust isn't super rusty. I estimate for me it would take a few hours to in and out an engine assuming nothing goes wrong or notice anything like seals that need replacing first.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally speaking of all the engine swaps i've done. Timing is dependent on what tools you have on hand. I removed a 97 subaru engine in less than an hour, a 68 vw beetle engine in about 30 minutes and an audi rs6 engine in 5 hours.

Quick glance at my 2012 na, it likely would be easiest with the hood off through the top assuming the exhaust isn't super rusty. I estimate for me it would take a few hours to in and out an engine assuming nothing goes wrong or notice anything like seals that need replacing first.
Thank you, that was very helpful. I'm pretty well equipped on tools so I think I'm going to swap out the motor myself. I just wanted to make sure I didn't end up digging myself too deep.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
488 Posts
Thank you, that was very helpful. I'm pretty well equipped on tools so I think I'm going to swap out the motor myself. I just wanted to make sure I didn't end up digging myself too deep.
Just take your time and label all your wire connections so you know how to put it all back.
Good luck and now would be a good time to do a how to for everyone. 😉👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts