Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VT Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last week my car, when i push to start it makes a "tiktiktiktiktik" type of sound. Then i turn it off, start again, and it repeats multiple times until eventually, ole blue starts up. Whenever the car hesitates to start like this, the multimedia doesn't turn on, the backup cam doesnt show up when in reverse, and thr USB power doesnt work. If the car ever starts up normally, the screen comes on like normal. I am going to get the battery tested but I am worried that I am going to buy a battery and it wont fix the problem. Also to add, when the car is doing the weird tikking sound while trying to start, the tail lights flick with the sound. Any help on what this could be would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,756 Posts
can you measure the battery voltage for us when the car is off, and when it is running?

do you have a battery light on on the dash? is the battery original and if not when was it replaced?

when you hear the tiktik sound, does the car turn over or is it just as it is.... could be a starter going bad but if the battery is going bad that would be it first.

·
Registered
2013 VT Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you measure the battery voltage for us when the car is off, and when it is running?

do you have a battery light on on the dash? is the battery original and if not when was it replaced?

when you hear the tiktik sound, does the car turn over or is it just as it is.... could be a starter going bad but if the battery is going bad that would be it first.
i kinda winged it without testing the battery and bought a new one and it worked! the car doesnt have any more issues like that now so thats good. the battery in there before was a piece of **** one that didnt even fit in the right spot. The battery light wasnt even on which was weird. my fault for buying a used veloster lmao

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,756 Posts
the wrong or old battery can cause issues with the car for sure. it requires alot of amps to do it's thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts