Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Veloster from a friend; all it needed was a new engine. I thought okay this was a good deal, engines can't be that hard to find. Well I am about to beat my head in the wall. I've been looking at car-parts but I'm about to give up. Can someone recommend a reman place that might have one for sale? Also. is the Kia forte motor from a 2014/15 an actual swap?

Let me know, thanks!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
that gen kia rio engine would fit... try car-part.com

could also do hyundai accent engines, 1.6 gdi only though, i think 2013-2018? or around there. looks the same as the one you have now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that gen kia rio engine would fit... try car-part.com

could also do hyundai accent engines, 1.6 gdi only though, i think 2013-2018? or around there. looks the same as the one you have now.
Thank for the reply, car-parts.com is listing 2014 Engine Assembly Kia Forte, i just don't know the exact engine, and I don't trust it. I could be buying a paper weight...

If you search car-part it lists the Forte as a swappable part, which concerns me and I don't trust it.
kmhtc6ae5du121055

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
post links, that will help.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
got it!

i deleted your other thread it was essentially the same and moved this one to the proper subforum.

so those forte motors won't fit, they are 1.8 and 2.0 ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts