Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Nav
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Veloster base model I have no mods yet on it but I want advice what to get to make performance I know it’s not a turbo and not as fast but I would like some advice.
• For the exhaust I was looking at = Borla® - S-Type™ Stainless Steel Axle-Back Exhaust System with Dual Rear Exit [wanted to know if it’s a good choice or go with another exhaust system or with one that sound deep]
• For the Cold air Intake I still don’t which one is the best for my Veloster
• Any more performance mods that I should do to the car? A tune maybe? Or something else ?

·
Registered
16 VT
970 Posts
Borla is nice, quiet though.

Injen intake is OK.

Not many mods, it is a slow vehicle. These will mostly just be sound enhancement.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA(brother's now), 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
359 Posts
There really isnt any tunes available for na and the exhaust and cai will net you between -10 hp and 10 hp on this car.

Car isnt as slow as my 68 beetle but it was close :LOL:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Borla is nice, quiet though.

Injen intake is OK.

Not many mods, it is a slow vehicle. These will mostly just be sound enhancement.
Would it be better to do a muffler delete and resonator delete? Or a resonator delete then the borla axle back

·
Registered
16 VT
970 Posts
I would say try the axle back 1st and go from there. But, if on a budget, just delete muffler. Youtube might be of some help.

Dont fall for the chip you posted, there is no real benefit and messes with the warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say try the axle back 1st and go from there. But, if on a budget, just delete muffler. Youtube might be of some help.

Dont fall for the chip you posted, there is no real benefit and messes with the warranty.
Is there a cold air intake I should go for that’s better than the injen intake ?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
for NAV? turbokits if you can find one, otherwise any of them are fine.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA(brother's now), 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
359 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
552 Posts
I found this one but I think there’s even ones that are a little cheaper than this one 2012-2018 Veloster Bolt-On Turbo Kit or some people use the other Actual factory Veloster turbo I just can’t really trade my car
Problem with a turbo kit for a high compression N/A motor is you're really not getting the best bang for the buck. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Stick to the n/a route and rev the sh*t it if as the power is in the higher rpm's.
Resinator delete with a good flowing muffler, 60mm throttlebody for better breathing, and get the NST water pump and crank pulley forgetting the most out of your n/a motor.

Ask me how I know this. 😉👍
There's so many things you do to the n/a car that the fun to drive can be a lot of fun. ✌

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Problem with a turbo kit for a high compression N/A motor is you're really not getting the best bang for the buck. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Stick to the n/a route and rev the sh*t it if as the power is in the higher rpm's.
Resinator delete with a good flowing muffler, 60mm throttlebody for better breathing, and get the NST water pump and crank pulley forgetting the most out of your n/a motor.

Ask me how I know this. 😉👍
There's so many things you do to the n/a car that the fun to drive can be a lot of fun. ✌
How do you know this?? 👀 what are other things to do with the car ?

·
Registered
552 Posts
How do you know this?? 👀 what are other things to do with the car ?
Look at my list of mods in my Showcase. 😉
It's an Accent but the n/a Veloster has many of the same attributes as the n/a Accent as the motors and transmissions are the same.

If you're a manual tranny get the transmission shifter bushings for the shifter assembly mounting bolts and for the 2 bushings at the transmission.
Lower engine mount reduces the amount of movement of the engine for smoother shifting and enhanced acceleration.
If you have the manual you can do the upper clutch switch mod as well for less hang up of the revs on up and down shifts and a nice gurgle to the exhaust when this mod is done.
Lighter wheels and better tires will make the car feel like a different car and weight reduction of any kind with quicken the car too.
Every little bit counts to make an n/a car a wonderful experience to drive and look forward to driving it everyday. 👍✌

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look at my list of mods in my Showcase. 😉
It's an Accent but the n/a Veloster has many of the same attributes as the n/a Accent as the motors and transmissions are the same.

If you're a manual tranny get the transmission shifter bushings for the shifter assembly mounting bolts and for the 2 bushings at the transmission.
Lower engine mount reduces the amount of movement of the engine for smoother shifting and enhanced acceleration.
If you have the manual you can do the upper clutch switch mod as well for less hang up of the revs on up and down shifts and a nice gurgle to the exhaust when this mod is done.
Lighter wheels and better tires will make the car feel like a different car and weight reduction of any kind with quicken the car too.
Every little bit counts to make an n/a car a wonderful experience to drive and look forward to driving it everyday. 👍✌
I have a automatic duel clutch but would this mod list work for mines? I don’t think so right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most everything will work for the motor and exhaust except those items outlined for the manual transmission.
Motor mount will work also. 👍🤟
Sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions but do you have any links for the modifications ?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions but do you have any links for the modifications ?
Check with the following:
PierceMotorsports
SxthElement
KDMTuners
EvillaMotorsports
TorkMotorsports
KdmHolics

I did forget to mention to get some rigid collars for the car. You'll need to be a bit mechanically inclined for most of the mods but nothing too major.
Some of the chassis braces are a nice mod too as they'll stiffen up the chassis for smoother ride and better handling.
Good luck. 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check with the following:
PierceMotorsports
SxthElement
KDMTuners
EvillaMotorsports
TorkMotorsports
KdmHolics

I did forget to mention to get some rigid collars for the car. You'll need to be a bit mechanically inclined for most of the mods but nothing too major.
Some of the chassis braces are a nice mod too as they'll stiffen up the chassis for smoother ride and better handling.
Good luck. 👍
I talked to this muffler shop in Miami they told me they can remove the muffler and straight pipe it for $175 and then a whole custom cat back exhaust system for $225 to $270 I don’t know if I should go there or just buy the borla axle back

·
Registered
552 Posts
I talked to this muffler shop in Miami they told me they can remove the muffler and straight pipe it for $175 and then a whole custom cat back exhaust system for $225 to $270 I don’t know if I should go there or just buy the borla axle back
Ask the muffler shop if they're going to be using crush bent pipe or mandrel bent pipe.
Borla uses mandrel bent for better flow than crush bent.
Crush bent reduces the diameter of the piping when they bend the pipe for corners and mandrel bent pipe maintains a consistent diameter throughout the bend.
Good luck. 👍

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
You really need to spend some time reading up on how to modify the car to do it safely.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts