Veloster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Veloster that is losing power as I excellerate uphill or just on the flat. When it does this, the EPS and engine light comes on. It has happened at random times since August. It has been back to the service centre twice but they cannot find anything wrong with it. The last time it happened, I was excellerating to overtake another vehicle and was along side the vehicle on the wrong side of the road when it happened. This is very dangerous. I had to limp back over to the the right side and then try and find somewhere to pull over. Once I pull over and shut the engine down, I restart it and it is working fine again. The other drivers didn't have a clue what I was doing.

I called the customer care centre of Hyundai Australia and they really couldn't have cared less and advised to go back to the dealer. Has anyone else experienced this happening to their V?

·
Super Moderator
4,413 Posts
Sounds like you have a power steering sensor gong bad and throwing the car in limp mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just been back to the dealer again, they still can't find anything wrong with it. They reckon that after starting the car over 20 times re-sets the computer and nothing can be found. Really?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just been back to the dealer again, they still can't find anything wrong with it. They reckon that after starting the car over 20 times re-sets the computer and nothing can be found. Really?
Thanks for the follow-up. Has the problem happened again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same problem twice now in my VT Manual.

Both times it happened on freeways (kinda dangerous). Both times it's been taken to the service center and they can't find out what the problem is either. Last time they wanted me to limp across the city so they could read the computer before I switched it off.

I'm not sure what the problem is but it's kind of annoying.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same problem twice now in my VT Manual.

Both times it happened on freeways (kinda dangerous). Both times it's been taken to the service center and they can't find out what the problem is either. Last time they wanted me to limp across the city so they could read the computer before I switched it off.

I'm not sure what the problem is but it's kind of annoying.

I should as that the first time it didn't reset when it was switched off. I could get it up to about 2k revs and then it would cut out. It was only after a long reset was it ok. The second time as soon as I switched off and on it was fine. I also have some calcification on the engine which they can't work out. Thank god for warranties!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jeffken, this is exactly what happens to mine. Now they want to take my car for a week and hook it up the computer while they drive it around the countryside. They said they would probably put over 2000k's on it and give me a replacement car. No way in hell I'm going to do that. Off to Fair Trading next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not for a couple of weeks. I can drive for a few hundred k's without it happening again, but it's in the back of my mind that it may happen again. Very dangerous.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not to belittle your issue, but have you checked your blue link settings? For geo fence, valet mode, etc? I'd hate to think you set something in it and then forgot about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After reading up on it, the only thing that actually slows the vehicle like that from Blue Link would be a theft report. Still doesn't rule out the possibility of a malfunction. The way I see it is if it can happen, then it might be happening even if you or no one else told it to. Other people have had issues with blue link doing some strange stuff. If you have Blue link active, maybe the next time it happens you should call in and see if they see anything on their end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not for a couple of weeks. I can drive for a few hundred k's without it happening again, but it's in the back of my mind that it may happen again. Very dangerous.
Yeah.... I've got 6,000 Ks up in mine and it's only done it twice so I doubt they would find it over that time. I'm hoping that next time it happens I'm near a dealership so I can drive it in without turning it off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not to belittle your issue, but have you checked your blue link settings? For geo fence, valet mode, etc? I'd hate to think you set something in it and then forgot about it.
Hi Stretchman, The Australian version doesn't have blue link, but there are some other features we get instead.

Really hope that they can work it out because I love my car!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evidently they have not yet fixed this problem. I just bought a 2015 Veloster and have had this problem on numerous occasions already in the first month. After reading these posts, I am definitely going back to the dealer and get it fixed or plead for another kind of car. This is ridiculous and very dangerous. Last week I was going up an incline into a parking lot off of a busy freeway and it lost power, whats worse when I took my foot off of the accelerator, it started rolling back into traffic. I live in San Antonio where traffic is horrendous and I am very scared now to drive this vehicle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just second gear? Coming from what gear?
Iam asking since if you are in 2nd i take it you are most likely running on low rpm

I had power steering go out before due to a faulty alternator.
Check the alternator, battery connectors, wiring etc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts