Veloster Forum banner

2013 veloster heater / AC fan control knob

18K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  SandyD 
#1 ·
My heater / AC fan control knob stopped working on my 2013 base Veloster. You tube has numerous videos about how to fix this problem. But who wants to spend 200 when you only need. 5.00 part?

#2 ·
Go to the dealer, if they want to charge you for it, Get Hyundai USA involved. they know there is a problem with this knob. Let them know you are going to contact NHTSA about faulty wiring that can catch fire.
Want to know what it looks like back there?

#4 ·
Yup I have been trying to alert members of the issues with this switch :)

Reactions: Ndrwbarnwell
#6 ·
Hyundai Veloster Owners Club - It is a closed group, but please join up
Do a search in that group for "Control Switch"

#9 ·
They don't have to open up the whole dashboard. If they honestly believe that, you need to start taking your car someplace else. The V section around the head unit pulls out (2 slots near the bottom of the V for a pry tool), the switch is easy to get to. Try cleaning it. If it is seriously heat damaged, report it like others have mentioned, as it could be a potential cause of a future fire, and/or try a replacement unit from a junkyard

#15 ·
the front... there are 2 or 3 different button configurations.

#17 ·
#19 ·
veloster heater knob

then i just matched up whether it was digital (auto-climate) and not shiny (cuz the oldest ones are shiny).

#21 ·
These should be plug and play units. Why would you want to change only the board?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.