Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater / AC fan control knob stopped working on my 2013 base Veloster. You tube has numerous videos about how to fix this problem. But who wants to spend 200 when you only need. 5.00 part?

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
Go to the dealer, if they want to charge you for it, Get Hyundai USA involved. they know there is a problem with this knob. Let them know you are going to contact NHTSA about faulty wiring that can catch fire.
Want to know what it looks like back there?

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
Yup I have been trying to alert members of the issues with this switch :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
What FB group? nvyseal, mention my cleaning trick, I'd be curious what heat damage is occurring to a switch/connector that is still working

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
What FB group? nvyseal, mention my cleaning trick, I'd be curious what heat damage is occurring to a switch/connector that is still working
Hyundai Veloster Owners Club - It is a closed group, but please join up
Do a search in that group for "Control Switch"

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hyundai Veloster Owners Club - It is a closed group, but please join up
Do a search in that group for "Control Switch"
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im currently dealing with this same issue. My mechanic told me they would have to open up the whole dashboard and it would be a $100 diagnostic fee up front.

·
Registered
270 Posts
They don't have to open up the whole dashboard. If they honestly believe that, you need to start taking your car someplace else. The V section around the head unit pulls out (2 slots near the bottom of the V for a pry tool), the switch is easy to get to. Try cleaning it. If it is seriously heat damaged, report it like others have mentioned, as it could be a potential cause of a future fire, and/or try a replacement unit from a junkyard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts