Veloster Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Veloster
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I bought mine in Jan.of 2016. Put a new battery in Jan of 2018. Was doing the same thing as yours when I needed a new battery. Like, all the dash lights came on and I couldn't get it to move. Thank God I was right across the street from Auto Zone so I just walked over and got a new battery. And with this issue I thought it might be the battery but I had the battery checked and it's good. So I'm hoping that changing the CPS fixed it! Good luck to you as well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just an update in case anyone is having a similar problem. Since replacing the crankshaft position sensor over a week ago, my Veloster is starting up and going into gear with no problems!
Hey Lauri B, or anyone on this thread for that matter.
I'm looking into purchasing the 2013 Veloster but I've been reading that a lot of people have been having problems with the CPS and other things. I was wondering, is your car the Turbo or Rallye model?
I'm really hesitant betweeen the Elantra GT and the Veloster, but the veloster just looks so gooood

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
128 Posts
I'm looking into purchasing the 2013 Veloster but I've been reading that a lot of people have been having problems with the CPS and other things. I was wondering, is your car the Turbo or Rallye model?
I'm really hesitant betweeen the Elantra GT and the Veloster, but the veloster just looks so gooood
Iirc hers was a NAV (naturally aspirated) and others reporting the issue including myself were both turbo an NAV versions. Could not speak to the Rallye too much but they're all the same transmission and likely similar parts/issues. Elantra gt would share an engine but i don't know if they put DCTs in those

·
Registered
2013 Veloster
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So mine is not the turbo or the rallye. Quite honestly, this has been the most problem-free car I have ever owned! I have always driven Toyota's but I really loved the look of the Veloster so I took a chance on a Hyundai. I don't regret it at all. The only problem I have ever had with it, so far, was the CPS. I bought it in 2016 with 30,000 miles and it now has over 140,000 miles. The only thing that is a bit annoying is that the blind spots are bad! If you decide to buy one just be aware of that when you test drive it. Good luck! If you do end up purchasing the Veloster, I hope you have as good of an experience as I have had with it 😊

21 - 25 of 25 Posts