Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and needed advice or confirmation. I have a 2013 turbo veloster with 90,000 miles. Wanting to do a 90,000 mile service on it I called hyundai to set up an appt..asked how much it would be and was told $1300.00 which included trans flush 250.00, brake bleed 200.00 and spark plug change. $500.00 etc.. Blown away by the spark plug change. Is it a special spark plug? Why so much? And is a brake bleed necessary? Any help or recommendation is much appreciated.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,491 Posts
plugs are $100 for a set, they are iridiums and about 20 minutes to change... if they are original you should be happy they lasted that long, lol turbo requires new plugs every 49K.

coolant flush is at 100K, brakes could probably stand to be bled at this time, do you have a manual veloster? the oil is cheap enough. serpentine belt is 60k? hows yours?

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plugs are $100 for a set, they are iridiums and about 20 minutes to change... if they are original you should be happy they lasted that long, lol turbo requires new plugs every 49K.

coolant flush is at 100K, brakes could probably stand to be bled at this time, do you have a manual veloster? the oil is cheap enough. serpentine belt is 60k? hows yours?
Hi yes and thank you for the response. I do have a manual. I bought the car at 84,000 miles I'm not sure what all has been done to it but I did buy it from a hyundai dealership the car is in pristine condition. I have just never heard of bleeding the brakes to be necessary. But if thats a thing then I will have to do so. Im not sure if the plugs have ever been changed the Hyundai dealership said 90,000 miles was the time to change them. I just can't fathom paying $500 bucks. Is it something a certified mechanic can do? I just had the oil change at $70. I'm not sure if the serpentine belt is good I don't hear it squeal. Can you tell me what all I should have done at 90,000. Like what takes presidents. I didn't expect the car to be such high expensive maintenance. I have a 05 xterra that is a money pit.

·
Registered
16 VT
1,182 Posts
84K and bought from the dealer? This should of all been taken care of, and 2nd set of plugs installed, well, at least I hope!

Brake fluid is cheap if you know how, otherwise, elsewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
84K and bought from the dealer? This should of all been taken care of, and 2nd set of plugs installed, well, at least I hope!

Brake fluid is cheap if you know how, otherwise, elsewhere.
Right. Ok maybe I'll have a plug pulled and confirm this. Thank you so much

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,491 Posts
i pay 37-39 for an oil change at the dealer.... they put in plain old conventional quaker state, lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i pay 37-39 for an oil change at the dealer.... they put in plain old conventional quaker state, lol
Oh wow.. Well crap.. Where do you live? Lol im in Montana. I put synthetic in both my vehicles. The dealership here wanted 150 for an oil change. Time to move.. 😄

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,491 Posts
MA lol the difference is probably conventional vs synthetic.

Reactions: Brandi1

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
777 Posts
Oh wow.. Well crap.. Where do you live? Lol im in Montana. I put synthetic in both my vehicles. The dealership here wanted 150 for an oil change. Time to move.. 😄
Stay with the synthetic and learn how to do your own oil changes and save that money.
YouTube is your friend when it comes to the simple things like basic maintenance.
Good luck and welcome aboard. 🤞👍😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts