Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the hardest time figuring out which roof racks fit the 2013 vt with the panoramic roof. I know the Rola ones made for the veloster have been discontinued, so finding used ones in decent condition is sort of a needle in a haystack. I've tried all these different sites' customer service, but get the same answer, being that the racks will fit the veloster if it has a naked roof, but being unsure whether they will work with the panoramic roof. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen, 99 impreza
308 Posts
They work but the sun roof won't be able to open. I think it's just the q tower height

·
Registered
2015 Vitamin C pearl turbo, automatic, with tech package and no mods
24 Posts
There are no roof racks for the Veloster that will allow you to fully open the panoramic roof. I have researched this to death and have came up empty handed. Another issue with a roof rack is that you cant fully open the hatch. All this sounds like too much trouble to even want to use a roof rack.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen, 99 impreza
308 Posts
Not being able to open sunroofs and hatches with roof racks is common. It was like that on my outback sport, mini cooper and rx-7.

I'm planning on making a custom rack extension for my roof rack i bought using the hitch receiver and a ladder rack style sky fork.

Back to Willy question, buy one they claim fits your car with a good return policy. Then you can keep looking if it doesn't work out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no roof racks for the Veloster that will allow you to fully open the panoramic roof. I have researched this to death and have came up empty handed. Another issue with a roof rack is that you cant fully open the hatch. All this sounds like too much trouble to even want to use a roof rack.
I'm not really worried about using the sunroof. I dont really use it anyways so thats not really the issue.

·
Registered
2015 Vitamin C pearl turbo, automatic, with tech package and no mods
24 Posts
The Yakima roof racks will fit with or without the panoramic roof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not really worried about using the sunroof. I dont really use it anyways so thats not really the issue.
Hi
I use Thule racks on my 2013 and been never a problem. Sunroof is a “no go”, though I have often just opened it slightly with no drama.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was gonna jump in and say Rola... but I see you state they are discontinued. Bummer. Interestingly enough, I was able to, with very minor modification, use mine on my 2nd gen R Spec too.

Hope you find something that works!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Thule roof rack that I purchased for my '12 NA with sunroof. Just have to get the fit kit for the year Veloster, it comes with measurements to place the towers appropriately. Driver's side rear tower was a few inches from the edge of the door, and passenger side rear tower was in the rear door. You can pop the glass up, but not drive it back. I was able to crack the hatch enough to get smaller items in when I had my bike carriers installed on the rack.

Sadly, the car was traded in a few years back. I still have the rack, just with a fit kit for a '17 Sonata Hybrid...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts