Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Veloster and the motor is blown. Looked for a year for a rebuilt and can't find one on Jasper and any other vendor. What other motors can I put in this thing? My mechanic doesn't want to swap it out except with an identical rebuilt motor.
Don't want to junk it, but might have to.

·
Administrator
4,656 Posts
Would be nice to know if you have a NAV or Turbo

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Hyundai 1.6L Gdi turbo engine.
I was going to build it for my veloster turbo. I had a tire blow at 80mph and hit a pole. Car was totaled...😱😢😱😭 paid $30.000 cash For my VN. It's Engine is a 2.0L turbo so I can't use any of the parts I have...Lol I'm willing to let all the part go for cheep. So I can have some play money for my Vn. I have performance piston and rods, apr head studs. Kdm Tuners stuffed turbo upgrade ( good for around 340WHP),Down pipe(catless), I have 6speed manual transmission that goes with it. Engine hasbeen torn down. It had a little over 68.000miles when I began the rebuild l always used premium 93 gas and occtain booster. It was taken care of. I would like $3000 for all part. I'll send pics
Automotive tire Sleeve Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Crankset Motor vehicle

Handwriting Font Event Auto part Transparency

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Bedrock Pollution

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
4,656 Posts
I have a Hyundai 1.6L Gdi turbo engine.
I was going to build it for my veloster turbo. I had a tire blow at 80mph and hit a pole. Car was totaled...😱😢😱😭 paid $30.000 cash For my VN. It's Engine is a 2.0L turbo so I can't use any of the parts I have...Lol I'm willing to let all the part go for cheep. So I can have some play money for my Vn. I have performance piston and rods, apr head studs. Kdm Tuners stuffed turbo upgrade ( good for around 340WHP),Down pipe(catless), I have 6speed manual transmission that goes with it. Engine hasbeen torn down. It had a little over 68.000miles when I began the rebuild l always used premium 93 gas and occtain booster. It was taken care of. I would like $3000 for all part. I'll send pics
I'm confused. You say you have a 1.6 Turbo engine, Then you say it's a 2.0 Turbo for your Vn. these are two different engines and a 2.0 will not fit in a 2013 Veloster without heavily modifying the car.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
he totalled his vt and purchased a vn. these parts are from the vt.

Reactions: nvyseal

·
Administrator
4,656 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts