Veloster Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Sort of got an update today. Hyundai requested a fuel sample, which had already been done and came back okay, as well as for any misfire codes, which as pointed out there have never been any codes in the car. I guess at least we have people asking for more information at this point!

They have the oil sample results and can see the elevated Iron, aluminum, chromium and silicon so hopefully once they have the fuel sample results and know there are no misfire codes, we'll make some real progress! I've asked for someone to look into why no codes were set when the cat failed even though the car was still somewhat operational as well as why no codes were present the first time the cat failed and the engine was damaged. Hopefully I can get some answers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully my last update. We got the car back today with a new short block. The mechanic said when he took the engine out he found a spun bearing with a lot of debris in the oil. He said the oil was very thick. Not sure if this was caused when the cat failed causing the back pressure but this is what he found. The engine is nice and quiet now! All told Hyundai covered 80% and my out of pocket was only $650. I guess I can't be too upset since the car was out of warranty. I'm still a bit concerned about what caused the cat to fail so quickly. They didn't reflash the ECU so it's still running the same tune. I'm considering a cat delete but don't want to do anything until the 12/12000 engine warranty is up.
not a Veloster owner but i have "17 accent and had to get my engine replaced. After my engine was replaced i had check engine for my main cat not doing so well. I see more accent owners in hyundai forum complainting about cat going bad ( P0420 code )

41 - 42 of 42 Posts