Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 VT I hired a mechanic to replace the bearings( should of done it myself) after I got it back notice that he busted my grease packs on the bushings. I replaced strut mounting plates, stabilizer bars, and lower bushings assembly. I still have rattling. Which should I do next swaybar, or tierods

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
have you checked them?

· Registered
5 Posts
Just fixed an issue with the front rattling that I resolved. FYI it was specific to one side of the car as in I could hear it on the front passenger's side and only sounded over bumps/potholes. Turns out that the hole for the swaybar end link on the strut had been wallowed out and the end link was shifting in the hole over the bumps making the noise. The fix was to replace the strut/shock assembly. I replaced way too many parts trying to resolve that issue.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just fixed an issue with the front rattling that I resolved. FYI it was specific to one side of the car as in I could hear it on the front passenger's side and only sounded over bumps/potholes. Turns out that the hole for the swaybar end link on the strut had been wallowed out and the end link was shifting in the hole over the bumps making the noise. The fix was to replace the strut/shock assembly. I replaced way too many parts trying to resolve that issue.
I will look into that. I am with you on replacing to many parts. My wife hates this car. Lol

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
if the problem isnt obvious sometimes loosening bolts can get you where you need to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts