Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the reset thing a few times to no success. Ebay is filled with replacement touch-screen panels for 2013-up but the head units appear to be the same from 2012-up. Ideas? Thanks

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,285 Posts
There are different models. You can switch just the screen out of any of them 2012-2015. 2016+ screens are possibly different due to new features.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this same issue with mine, my solution was, I got my windows tinted (to stop the sun from heating up the touchscreen), every now and then I will use my finger nail and run it around the perimeter of the screen to get build up dust/ dirt out from between the trim and the screen. My screen has been fine for a few years now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 2012 none turbo manual trans veloster. No backup camera. The head unit does not have the GPS Navigation unless you pay for BlueStink. It has the XM radio.

I bought a secondary unit when i thought mine was bad but I wad able to update the software. So i have a working good spare display unit. If it matches im willing to part with it.

Otherwise you can find one on ebay but be sure the connectors and everything matches up to what you have.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,285 Posts
you wouldn't be paying for gps... you would be paying for audible turn by turn.

Reactions: Eagle

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've read where a few have had the digitizer (touch sensor panel) separate. I hadn't seen any real fixes other than replacing the unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts